Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tore my truck apart and repainted it, from metallic blue to bright blue.
New headlights and taillights going on tomorrow. Anyone still active on here?
I'll put some pics up tomorrow after the lights get finished.
For what I paid for this machine I'm extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
waiting for pictures...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this is the Before. When this pic was taken I had already had the Rims powder coated. I asked for Silver, and they did a sort of light grey, almost white. It looks better in person and doesnt clash as much with the centre caps as it looks like in this picture.
BEFORE.jpg

Just to temper expectations, here it is right after I finished painting. It was literally done in a barn.

painting1.jpg

Good photos tomorrow :D

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,586 Posts
That is awesome that you freshened her up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2006 2wd Z71. 305000 KM. Runs like a top. Theres broken and missing plastic in many places, basically this truck is on its last hurrah. Frame is solid, body is solid.
Fresh paint, new lights. Looks like new. I think i'll get another 3-5 very happy years out of this guy.
I bought it 1 1/2 years ago for $2000, now i've put around $2500 into it, and am super happy with how it looks and works. Decent fuel mileage. Can pull my boat. Dump runs, etc. Still fit the family.
The paint finish is so so, but i got a quote from a body shop @ $3700, and thought there is no way this truck is worth a $4k paint job... Doing the work myself saved me thousands.

Now I cant decide if I want any badges or decals put back on....
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,586 Posts
2006 2wd Z71. 305000 KM. Runs like a top. Theres broken and missing plastic in many places, basically this truck is on its last hurrah. Frame is solid, body is solid.
Fresh paint, new lights. Looks like new. I think i'll get another 3-5 very happy years out of this guy.
I bought it 1 1/2 years ago for $2000, now i've put around $2500 into it, and am super happy with how it looks and works. Decent fuel mileage. Can pull my boat. Dump runs, etc. Still fit the family.
The paint finish is so so, but i got a quote from a body shop @ $3700, and thought there is no way this truck is worth a $4k paint job... Doing the work myself saved me thousands.

Now I cant decide if I want any badges or decals put back on....
Thoughts?
Sounds like it is a good truck.....And now has the paint to match.
My opinion is if she is treating you good keep her until she can give no more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That looks slick dude. I’m repainting my doors after repairing similar rust spots. Out of curiosity did you remove all the window gaskets or just tape and paint in as close as you could?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts