Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My company is offering a few free oil changes, completed at a dealer of your choice if you have a Colorado/Canyon manufactured between July 2019/July 2020 and are in the NYC/North Jersey area.

The attached string: The dealer will draw a small sample of fluid for me.

If interested, please PM me for details!

·
Registered
216 Posts
What's the catch? Because you know there's one. My 2018 CO came with 2 or 3 free oil changes. I never used them.

My feeling is, no one is going to do it better, or use my preferred parts/oil, than me. Also, I can avoid the inevitable door ding and/or bumper scratch that always seems to occur with every dealer visit. Or worse.

Motto: if you want it done right, do it yourself.

And I know I'm not the only one here that subscribes to that philosophy.

(y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the catch? Because you know there's one. My 2018 CO came with 2 or 3 free oil changes. I never used them.

My feeling is, no one is going to do it better, or use my preferred parts/oil, than me. Also, I can avoid the inevitable door ding and/or bumper scratch that always seems to occur with every dealer visit. Or worse.

Motto: if you want it done right, do it yourself.

And I know I'm not the only one here that subscribes to that philosophy.

(y)
That's definitely why I included "The attached string" in my post. Nothing is free. :) The fluid sample I mentioned has a lot of value to my organization though, thus the offering. I figured offering the oil change through the dealer would build the most confidence for folks willing to play ball. Obviously the dealer would use approved fluids for the oil change so you know you could go to the full OCI without risk.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's definitely why I included "The attached string" in my post. Nothing is free. :) The fluid sample I mentioned has a lot of value to my organization though, thus the offering. I figured offering the oil change through the dealer would build the most confidence for folks willing to play ball. Obviously the dealer would use approved fluids for the oil change so you know you could go to the full OCI without risk.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great opportunity for those of us that use the dealer for their oil changes.

Is GM still doing free oil changes for twins manufactured between July 2019/July 2020? That might be your only obstacle?

Many here would probably find it interesting - can you share with us exactly what you are studying regarding the used oil sample?

Thanks!

:unsure:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you misunderstand what I'm suggesting. My company will pay for your oil change in exchange for a fluid sample from your vehicle.

I can't share much with regard to the intent, sorry. I will say we'll be looking at results similar to what you would get if you sent your oil in to Blackstone, etc. for analysis.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I'm not. I'll PM you to provide more clarity.
Thanks for the followup. I was more joking as we often get cryptic people here connected to such cases.

I know you can’t tell all but a little more info may get people lining up to help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries, I expected to experience a lot of skepticism when I posted this. Unfortunately it's the best way I could come up with to do it. There are some local dealers in NJ working with me to seek out customers that might be willing to participate but I was hoping to reach a broader audience more expeditiously.

It's tough to share much more detail without over-sharing but I'll just say that my organization is intimately familiar with the fluid I'm hoping to sample and we're hoping to do a quick health check now that the product has been in the field for a couple years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts