Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My brother's golf cart's battery & he puts it in back of his 1500, but it definitely weighs a "ton!" Makes his truck sag...like hauling a battleship.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Still being hopeful that this will load and haul well. I checked some chats and it seems the gate should hold the weight while loading. The full weight will never be all on the gate. As for the weight, this one is much lighter than the ones made today. It’s older, two batteries, and one wheel shy (jk about the weight of the wheel). The payload limit is 1400. I’m well below that.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Love the old-school look of the cart, and very excited that my Canyon should be able to carry it. Keep the doubts coming. It’ll be a 3hr trip to get it and I don’t want any avoidable surprises.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The new generation electric carts are using next-gen batteries that are about half the weight, which helps. What doesn't help is the cost of the new carts, which can get up there according to the options. One thing to keep in mind for RV parks, is that many of them do not allow Gas golf carts as they try to keep the place quiet.

As for the batteries, there are three basic types used in the golf carts:
  • Flooded Lead Acid – FLA or “wet cell’ batteries are not sealed and contain lead plates. When you replace the water, electrolytes lost during use will be replaced.
  • Gel Lead-Acid Batteries – GLA batteries can work even on rough terrain and are durable to the point that they will operate smoothly even when a crack appears in the outer protection. A thickening agent inside a sealed unit keeps the electrolytes still.
  • AGM Lead-Acid Batteries – This is an enhanced version of GLA batteries with a fiberglass separator to keep the electrolyte in place. They are highly vibration resistant, spill-proof and have proven to be more durable.
For those discussing the need for the LS, here's a picture of the Vette. The seats are leather and this picture was taken right after I put a ceramic coating on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ALL WENT FLAWLESSLY! The truck handled great. It hardly squated, and there was no steering drift, even at high speeds. A few times, I caught myself doing 70 and had to kick it down a few. I did notice that when I started out with my load, my towing indicator was on. I didn’t put it into the tow mode and wondered if it comes on automatically when you have a load. After a pit stop, it didn’t come on by itself. The shifting became poorly. I turned it on and all drove great. WHAT A TRUCK!!! So glad I bought out my lease.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
davidsosis, glad to see you got your golf cart. Man I like the old school golf cart. Sorry guys for the bold text, do not know how it happened.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts