Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

· Registered
2023 Colorado Z71
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who have orders placed for the Colorado, and are farther than status code 2000, what does the Chevrolet virtual assistant say when you enter your order code to the chat? (I normally have to enter the phrase "order code status" twice and then it asks for the order code)

I am trying to build a chart so that the general population can avoid having to constantly contact their dealer.

1100 - Order Placed at Dealer - Virtual Assistant "Your order has been submitted by your dealer but has not officially been accepted by GM at this time."
2000 - Order Accepted by Chevrolet - Virtual Assistant "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process."
2500 - Order Preferenced - Virtual Assistant ""
3000 - Order Accepted by Production Control - Virtual Assistant "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process. "
3100 - Order Available to Sequence - Virtual Assistant ""
3300 - Order Selected for Production - Virtual Assistant ""
3400 - Order Broadcasted for Production - Virtual Assistant "Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process. "
3800 - Vehicle Produced - Virtual Assistant "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process. "
4000 - Vehicle Available to Ship - Virtual Assistant ""
4150 - Vehicle Invoiced to Dealer - Virtual Assistant ""
4200 - Vehicle Shipped - Virtual Assistant "Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process. "
5000 - Vehicle Delivered to Dealer - Virtual Assistant ""
6000 - Vehicle Delivered to Customer - Virtual Assistant ""

· Premium Member
2018 Colorado LT Crew Cab 4x4 Summit White
239 Posts
I was at 2000 the last time I checked. Realistically though, I've given up getting my new truck.

· Registered
10,705 Posts
I was at 2000 the last time I checked. Realistically though, I've given up getting my new truck.
I saw your white LT with cat-back on the lot with a few thousand others the other day. Well it may not have been yours but there are a lot of white ones along with all the other colors on the two lots that are built but waiting for that final part. They should be clearing them out now since production has stopped

Reactions: Matcoman1

· Registered
10,705 Posts
Hey Hunter I was wondering. Do you have any idea when the next dealer allocation window might be opening.Also I also throught that preproduction was running the lines now and retail/dealer production orders will start 1/23 can you clarify
2022 production shut down last friday @Cyclewild mentioned 2023 will start next month, here is what he said

The last ‘22 was built Friday night. The new trucks are on a completely different electrical architecture and share no parts shy of a couple nuts and bolts so chips to finish jobs won’t cannibalIize new production. We are set to do system fill and final preproduction validation starting the 17th with regular production starting on the 23rd, subject to plant work being finished on schedule.

· Registered
538 Posts
For those who have orders placed for the Colorado, and are farther than status code 2000, what does the Chevrolet virtual assistant say when you enter your order code to the chat? (I normally have to enter the phrase "order code status" twice and then it asks for the order code)

I am trying to build a chart so that the general population can avoid having to constantly contact their dealer.
Does that mean you’re going to update this thread with status changes? My dealer said ZR2 orders probably can’t be placed until March, so that would be a huge help for me in estimating the timeline until delivery once GM accepts the order.

· Registered
2023 Colorado Z71
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does that mean you’re going to update this thread with status changes? My dealer said ZR2 orders probably can’t be placed until March, so that would be a huge help for me in estimating the timeline until delivery once GM accepts the order.
I was just looking to make a chart of general virtual chat responses to the status code of order numbers, so that individuals could understand where their orders were. Through my research though it looks like there are only 3 responses, as shown in my first post in this thread.

· Registered
2023 Colorado Z71
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thought it would be fun to make a thread where people who have orders accepted by GM can discuss with others who have accepted orders and excitedly wait for their arrivals.

I have a Status 3000 Nitro Yellow Z71 with the HO tune, Convenience Package II, Trailering Package, spray-in bedliner, splash guards, red seat belts, and floor liners.

Convenience Package III was a little rich for my blood. I was interested in the leather seats, but I can always wait for others to upgrade their leather seat covers and sell their original ones on the forums. I did the same with my Camaro and got a good used set for cheap. Otherwise can have a local upholsterer switch out the cloth seating surfaces with leather.

· Registered
41 Posts
Thought it would be fun to make a thread where people who have orders accepted by GM can discuss with others who have accepted orders and excitedly wait for their arrivals.

I have a Status 3000 Nitro Yellow Z71 with the HO tune, Convenience Package II, Trailering Package, spray-in bedliner, splash guards, red seat belts, and floor liners.

Convenience Package III was a little rich for my blood. I was interested in the leather seats, but I can always wait for others to upgrade their leather seat covers and sell their original ones on the forums. I did the same with my Camaro and got a good used set for cheap. Otherwise can have a local upholsterer switch out the cloth seating surfaces with leather.
Convenience Package III actually seems like a decent deal on the Z71. $1,415 and it includes the Safety Package as well as leather seats, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel and memory settings.

Convenience Package III on the LT is quite a kick in the nuts though at over $3k.

I know what you mean though. At a certain point, it's just a bit much to stomach.

· Registered
4 Posts
Ordered a 2023 Z71 Blue both convience packages, tech package, trailering, mud flaps, black exhaust, all weather mats, step bars, spray in liner, HO tune, bronze tow hooks, black name plates, bose sound. Only thing I couldn't get was the black wheel arch moldings my dealer didn't have an option for those?

· Registered
4 Posts
Walked in and "ordered" a Z71 kind of basic other than toneau cover, spray in bed liner and one of the convience packages on 12/18 with the sales person.
How long should I expect to wait to get a actual order #. Cant they enter the build and get the # anytime or do some dealers wait until they feel like entering orders or they get a consenus and then start entering them? Already asked yesterday for the order # so that I can track with the chat bot when they start building them at the end of next month.

Its going to be a long long wait.

· Registered
538 Posts
Walked in and "ordered" a Z71 kind of basic other than toneau cover, spray in bed liner and one of the convience packages on 12/18 with the sales person.
How long should I expect to wait to get a actual order #. Cant they enter the build and get the # anytime or do some dealers wait until they feel like entering orders or they get a consenus and then start entering them? Already asked yesterday for the order # so that I can track with the chat bot when they start building them at the end of next month.

Just guessing, but I think they have to wait until they have allocations to attach to the order.

· Registered
7 Posts

It seems all dealers are different? I did my order through email to the dealer. (GMC Canyon - Elevation) I got an order number, GM has not accepted it yet, but I can track it on the website. Funny thing is I didnt get asked for a down payment. That does have me kinda worried, but the order is in for sure at least

1 - 20 of 116 Posts