Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title to this posts suggests, I am having new bumpers and wheels and tires done on my 2021 Z71. Likely to be available to super-cheap to a fellow Coloradofans member.

2021 Stock Wheels and Tires. $400 you pay shipping or pick up.
2021 Stock Front and Rear Bumpers (Front Bumper is Orange). $100 You pay shipping or pick up. Or, make me an offer.

You pay pal me, I drop off at UPS and they pack and ship at your expense. Or pick up in Los Angeles, California or Big Bear California. Should be in the bed of my truck within 10 days.

For the curious, I am installing AEV Bumpers, front and rear, front lights, rear lights, chase bar, a Bajakits Suspension, (insane 14" shock travel), King Coil-Overs w/Reservoir (I'm gonna love the dial); and as suggested above, Method One Wheels (I would do AEV, but this was recommended by Bajakits) and Tires. It's gonna be a different truck. Next up, ARB on board compressor and lockers. I may get a ZR2 rear end which has an e-locker. This is fun.

·
Premium Member
16'Trailboss edition-K&Ncai-DirtKing ucas-Peak2.0coilovers-GM performance exhaust-SupermodulationTB-
524 Posts
As the title to this posts suggests, I am having new bumpers and wheels and tires done on my 2021 Z71. Likely to be available to super-cheap to a fellow Coloradofans member.

2021 Stock Wheels and Tires. $400 you pay shipping or pick up.
2021 Stock Front and Rear Bumpers (Front Bumper is Orange). $100 You pay shipping or pick up. Or, make me an offer.

You pay pal me, I drop off at UPS and they pack and ship at your expense. Or pick up in Los Angeles, California or Big Bear California. Should be in the bed of my truck within 10 days.

For the curious, I am installing AEV Bumpers, front and rear, front lights, rear lights, chase bar, a Bajakits Suspension, (insane 14" shock travel), King Coil-Overs w/Reservoir (I'm gonna love the dial); and as suggested above, Method One Wheels (I would do AEV, but this was recommended by Bajakits) and Tires. It's gonna be a different truck. Next up, ARB on board compressor and lockers. I may get a ZR2 rear end which has an e-locker. This is fun.
Oh this sure is fun

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 3.6 LGZ
4,228 Posts
my burning question is why not start with a ZR2?

·
Registered
935 Posts
my burning question is why not start with a ZR2?
He addressed the reasons in another thread a few months back. IIRC it ultimately came down to needing a Crew Cab and long bed.

Reactions: AEONFLUX

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,668 Posts
Can’t wait to see this thing.

Reactions: AEONFLUX

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
691 Posts
Might make sense to source a whole zr2 rear end. It’ll have the locker you need and the width will be closer to matching the Baja kits width.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10 days for the bumpers, winch, lights and suspension.

Yeah, I needed a long bed crew cab with long travel suspension and lockers. Such a product does not exist, so I am making one to suit the project.

My 4WD shop is not real high on wheel spacers either, so if I want to even out the width of the rear with the front, a new ZR2 rear end is in order.

·
Registered
2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear bumper is orange and black. However, make me an offer. Its basically worthless to me.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
10 days for the bumpers, winch, lights and suspension.

Yeah, I needed a long bed crew cab with long travel suspension and lockers. Such a product does not exist, so I am making one to suit the project.

My 4WD shop is not real high on wheel spacers either, so if I want to even out the width of the rear with the front, a new ZR2 rear end is in order.
I wouldn't run wheel spacers at all, maybe a different offset rear wheel set. the wider front with a narrower rear will reduce the turning radius. Chevrolet trucks have had a wider track width in the front from the factory for this reason for decades. The ZR2 axle swap - width is the only gain as far as I'm concerned. The G80 operation in the Z71 is automatic with engagement at 120RPM wheel differential speed, where the ZR2 electric operation requires manual engagement. Unless you definitely need the >35MPH locking capability of the ZR2 E-locker that the G80 lacks, the low speed manual operation is a capability gap for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts