Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got confirmation that my Bison is scheduled to be built 3/4/19 (although my uncle who used to work in an auto factory said never buy a vehicle built on a Monday) and one of the first things I want is a tonneau cover. I had been seriously considering a Bakflip because I love that you can fold them back and sit on them, but I have read a lot of reviews saying they leak.

I'm looking for opinions on the Bakflip or any other weight supporting folding tonneau.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went with Fold-A-Cover and cannot speak to being able to sit on as I never have. Would have no issue sitting on when folded. I also installed their Personal Caddy and have not had any leaks for either the cover or caddy. Love my Fold-A-Cover and Caddy.

I choose the Fold-A-Cover Elite as it folds in 4 sections and I can tow my fifth wheel with the cover folded behind the cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,758 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve got a Lomax Professional series. It’s diamond plate aluminum, and can have in excess of 400 lbs on it evenly. It folds up, and is removable if necessary. It’ll hold my 240 pound weight on it with ease. The part I’m ambivalent about is that yes, it folds up, but does leave the forward third of the bed covered unless it’s completely taken off, but it doesn’t block the rear window (Not that it’s easy to see out of in the first place) while it’s folded.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
The Bakflip G2 folds up against the cab, so full bed is open. No complaints from here.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
plenty of threads on tonneau covers. plenty of info on web and you tube. i like low profile. probably LOMAX since it doesnt need a drain tube. aluminum or fiberglass. fg stays cooler in the sun.
i rather sit on a comfy chair

old wives tale doesn't matter what day they're built on. they run 6-7 days a week. any of those days some of those workers are likely getting stoned during lunch break

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I went w/the Bak-Flip b/c it was a killer deal (at the time) from aftermarket re-seller. No problems w/mine...just need to install it correctly (IMO).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
plenty of threads on tonneau covers.

i rather sit on a comfy chair
I pretty much only access forums via the Tapatalk app and the search function doesn't seem nearly as good as using a PC, so that's why I asked hoping to get some first hand feedback.

I agree with you about the chair but when I'm in the woods and my boots get caked in mud it would be super convenient to sit down on the cover and change shoes.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Have you looked @ an Extang Encore? I've had mine on for a day, but I really like it. Seems like it's really well built. Also, one of the factory photographs show a bunch of guys standing on the cover, so it should work the way you want.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I went w/the Bak-Flip b/c it was a killer deal (at the time) from aftermarket re-seller. No problems w/mine...just need to install it correctly (IMO).
I got my Bakflip G2 from Auto Anything, awhile ago when they were giving a 20% discount for first time buyers when giving email address. A huge discount, but I do not think they are doing that anymore, because my son tried to get the deal 6 months ago. Just pulled the invoice, the G2 was regular price $819.88, minus $163.98 discount (20%), = $655.90 free shipping out the door. At that deal, I could not pass it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just went through the elimination process on covers and bought a Diamondback. Happy with it, rugged in the extreme.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I've had a GMPP soft fold for 18 months now, held up very well, looks new and keeps the bed rug dry. It's the same as a Extang Trifecta.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I went with Fold-A-Cover and cannot speak to being able to sit on as I never have. Would have no issue sitting on when folded.

I bought my G4 elite after watching a Youtube video of a dude walking on his....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like the Access Lomax cover that I bought. I haven't seen any water leaks. The look is more clean than the Bakflip (no external rubber seals). Their site says it will support up to 400 pounds evenly distributed. Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Undercover Armor Flex

Undercover will be running a $100 rebate (offer #2177) on their Armor Flex truck bed cover for purchases March 1 - 31, 2019
I will be having the bed of my truck sprayed with Line-X and this cover matches.
This cover comes with a 5 year warranty and most of the other covers i looked at only had a 2 or 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you to all of you for your input. I am leaning very heavily toward the encore. It seems there are excellent reviews and really poor reviews of pretty much every cover out there so it looks like it's just a matter of making sure it's lined up just right to get the best seal possible.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Do you have a link that video?

Can't find it now. I remember he was in the Seattle area. I've had the cover for 3 years now and zero problems...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got my Bakflip G2 from Auto Anything, awhile ago when they were giving a 20% discount for first time buyers when giving email address. A huge discount, but I do not think they are doing that anymore, because my son tried to get the deal 6 months ago. Just pulled the invoice, the G2 was regular price $819.88, minus $163.98 discount (20%), = $655.90 free shipping out the door. At that deal, I could not pass it up.

Pssst. I have found that if you call or use their online Chat, AutoAnything will offer a discount. I always use Chat and say something like, I was looking at the [email protected]#$ accessory but I was hoping to find it at a better price... boom, discount. There may be some things they can't/won't/don't do this with but it's worked for me every time and I have purchased a lot from AutoAnything (including 7 tonneau covers over the years).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts