Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried mounting fog lights on a ZR2. There is a thread about Colorado fog lights. I hope this thread is ZR2 specific.

In VA, street legal fog lights cannot be above the headlights, so a windshield light bar wont work. There's a lot of plastic on the grill not capable of mounting without vibration.

If you fabricated a mount, would appreciate pics. If I fabricate a mount, I'll take pics and measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I too would be interested in seeing some solutions to this...I have modded a set of headlights to improve light output, and will be doing the RC 30" light bar install in the bumper, but would still like to have a dedicated set of fogs.

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71- Black Cover King tactical Seat Covers, Weathertech mud flaps & digital floor mats, Diode Dynamics HID headlight conversion and LEDs all around, Rough Country 30"

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have fog lights on mine. Rigid Industries SR-Series SAE fog lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I contemplated on adding fog lights to my ZR2 and decided on Rigid Industries 212513 D-Series Pro Diffused lights mounted above the tow hooks. I used the 212513 template and cut holes in the fascia. I had to use Rigid Industries 49000 Dually Down Angled flush mount kits, Doubled up to get 30 degrees. I also used a set of the 49000 to mount t-nuts on the inside of the fascia though the cutouts and double faced tap to hold them in while I installed the lights. The lights mounted at 75 degrees from vertical. Are non-intrusive to on-coming traffic. I used the GM fog light accessory kit #84351166. This included the wiring harness and headlamp switch. Also included the authorization code so the dealer could program the BCM and the dash indicator light. All DOT legal in that when the fog lights are on and you switch on the high beams the fog lights go off. All total was approx $700. It is all stock and does not void the GM warranty.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I contemplated on adding fog lights to my ZR2 and decided on Rigid Industries 212513 D-Series Pro Diffused lights mounted above the tow hooks. I used the 212513 template and cut holes in the fascia. I had to use Rigid Industries 49000 Dually Down Angled flush mount kits, Doubled up to get 30 degrees. I also used a set of the 49000 to mount t-nuts on the inside of the fascia though the cutouts and double faced tap to hold them in while I installed the lights. The lights mounted at 75 degrees from vertical. Are non-intrusive to on-coming traffic. I used the GM fog light accessory kit #84351166. This included the wiring harness and headlamp switch. Also included the authorization code so the dealer could program the BCM and the dash indicator light. All DOT legal in that when the fog lights are on and you switch on the high beams the fog lights go off. All total was approx $700. It is all stock and does not void the GM warranty.
Anymore pics of this? Thats a good idea.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sounds expensive. The OEM fog light switch can be used with some modification, and not requiring an authorization code. I installed a light bar in the front bumper using the switch, so inside it looks OEM. I understand a majority of the 700 was probably the lights, as rigid is expensive, but still. $700 for a set of fog lights doesn't seem reasonable unless you have some extra money kicking around, and if so, I need a sponsor

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
I contemplated on adding fog lights to my ZR2 and decided on Rigid Industries 212513 D-Series Pro Diffused lights mounted above the tow hooks. .
How do they perform as fog lights?

My low beams were blinding me while driving while it was snowing, need something down low that keeps the light down low, I'm confused about the word "diffused"

·
Registered
350 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: ZR2Cougar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Foglights on the ZR2

Sounds expensive. The OEM fog light switch can be used with some modification, and not requiring an authorization code. I installed a light bar in the front bumper using the switch, so inside it looks OEM. I understand a majority of the 700 was probably the lights, as rigid is expensive, but still. $700 for a set of fog lights doesn't seem reasonable unless you have some extra money kicking around, and if so, I need a sponsor
The point of the post was to solicit what other ZR2 owners have done and not to criticize,, just saying,,,this worked for me, as I can see yours worked for you,,,,:wink2:

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
They work great, and to me were completely worth it. Those and my retrofit HIDs light up everything very well. I love the single row for fitting into the front slot in the bumper too.
That looks good. I'm installing a hidden bumper winch from Mid West Ind. If I have the space I want to add fog lights also. I have a 42" light bar on my Rhino roof rack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.