Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if they are made or sold anywhere? I'm looking for something black-aluminum to go in front like a cage. I've found plenty for the headlights and taillights, but nothing for the fogs.

On the way to work today the car in front drove over a piece of wood that flipped up and I conveniently drove into as it was settling down to earth again. Smashed the crap out of the driver side fog light and it's bezel. A very slight chip on the paint above, but it looks like the light took the brunt of the impact.

Parts are on order, but I'm wondering if I can protect them a little better the for the next time the inattentive drivers in front just drive over crap on the road.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I used Xpel head light protection on the head lights and fogs.

It takes a lot of impact and will prevent pitting.

The covers are 30 mil and not difficult to install if you know a few tricks and own a heat gun.

I have used it on my last 4 vehicles and had no issues with headlamps and fogs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm... those protect it from small stones and other things like that; which is good. But i'm looking for protection from a 2 pound hunk of something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True... so why do they sell, and people install guards for the headlights and tail lights? Fog lights are no different.

If they are not made, then they are not made. I was just looking, I don't HAVE to have them. ;)

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
True... so why do they sell, and people install guards for the headlights and tail lights? Fog lights are no different.

If they are not made, then they are not made. I was just looking, I don't HAVE to have them. ;)
Guards for head lights and tail lights are intended for people on trails that drive thought heavy brush. Though most that have them are for styling effect more than function.

Fogs generally are not included as they are much smaller and are a much smaller target.

As to why they sell them. Because They make money on them.

Let’s face it many things are sold for trucks for looks than use. Most bull bars never hit a branch off road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.