Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Colorado with the fluttering hood. After arguing with dealer the problem exist the found the official fix. Yes they fixed it. But next day my hood is deformed as they put in too much foam to fix it and managed to get foam all over the place under the hood. John Hall Chevrolet Daytona Beach Fl. Never going back after dealing with the head of service.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine still does despite many my own of attempts to fix it.
There was a member on here did post a fix on his truck but I never followed up to find out whether it was successful?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Reactions: fondupot

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't know about yours but mine only flutters on the driver side.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
These threads create more issues than they fix. This is the second warped hood.

Just how many never noticed it till they read these threads? Lol!

You would be surprised how many cars hood move. Just most are out of the line of site anymore.

Has anyone stopped you or pointed as you go by that your hood is fluttering?

If the bumper adjustment does not fix it just stop looking at it and it will go away.

Just look how long some take to notice till they read these threads. Like above a few months to some a year or more?

As long as there is no paint to paint and it is safely latched it is not going anywhere.

I am even OCD and I got over this one LOL!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Mine flutters slightly if the wind is heavy and from the right direction and I am going fast enough. I choose not to worry about it. :smile:

·
Registered
2017 LT 4X4 EXT CAB
27 Posts
I noticed this the first time I got my truck over 60mph and knew it wasn't right. I did adjust the bumpers up and it stopped. I'll go back and do the paper trick to get done properly and thanks for the link for that.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
These threads create more issues than they fix. This is the second warped hood.

Just how many never noticed it till they read these threads? Lol!
I can see the hood on all my vehicles, and none of them flutter around like this one does. And no, it's not just because I read it here. It's because it's pretty obvious. I have to work rather hard at ignoring it. I'm going to try the paper test one of these days.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I can see the hood on all my vehicles, and none of them flutter around like this one does. And no, it's not just because I read it here. It's because it's pretty obvious. I have to work rather hard at ignoring it. I'm going to try the paper test one of these days.
Not all but many do and have for decades.

Hell you get very fast in a old GTO the hood will raise a bit at the cowl.

Yes do the paper test but if that fails it is not a major issue.

As for many that have discovered it they did once they read it here. Maybe not you but many others.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Mine flutters slightly if the wind is heavy and from the right direction and I am going fast enough. I choose not to worry about it. :smile:
I agree mine flutters on the driver side but it’s not a big deal I’ve gotten used to it now. It’s just wind turbulence and the hoods being thinner to save wait. Not worth the hassle as said we now have had 2 hoods warped by people getting them “fixed”. Also read on the original thread that the fix didn’t make it much better.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I did the paper test, didn't do diddly.

I basically gave all the bumpers about a half turn raise and shut it. I did this a few times until the hood wouldn't latch. I then backed off the two inner most bumpers about a half turn lower and then shut it with normal force. Seems like there is a bit of upwards play in the latch that by keeping the outer bumpers higher kind of act as a spring and a bit of tension on the latch to take out the bulk of the fluttering.

There's still a slight bit of fluttering, but it's not bad. All in all its a big sheet of thin aluminum, I guess it's to be expected. It's a bummer, but angling the bumpers seemed to have taken most of the problem away.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought my 2017 z-71 a few weeks ago from out of town. Had a 90 mile drive home. On the interstate driving home over 65, the drivers side was fluttering badly. I pulled over to make sure the hood was fully closed and locked. It was. Took it to my local dealer. They fixed it in less than an hour. Said it was out of adjustment. No problems since.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I did the hood and bumper adjustments, mentioned in this thread, and it improved mine quite a bit. Still does it a little at highway speeds, but not enough to be a distraction.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I did the hood and bumper adjustments, mentioned in this thread, and it improved mine quite a bit. Still does it a little at highway speeds, but not enough to be a distraction.
Same here, now only does it at 75MPH or above, but I don't even notice it anymore. I advise going against the foam route, it's been posted quite a few times here that a yahoo dealer ends up putting too much foam in and deforms the hood...I'll take the minor flutter over that!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had my truck for about a week and I just noticed this today on the Highway. Will have to look into those contact points with the paper test.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Fixed mine by adjusting the driver's side bumpers up slightly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
None of you must have ever owned a Wrangler. I have a '12 Rubicon, bought it on the east coast and drove it out to New Mexico. Cutting the corner from I-70 through Kansas I was traveling on two lane state highways with traffic in both directions traveling at 70+ mph. The first time a semi passed me going the opposite direction I thought the hood was going to fly off. I pulled over, got out and checked the latches. Everything was good, but it scared the crap out of me the rest of the ride. Got home, googled it and found out it's normal. You can buy a less stretchy elastomer latch if it bothers you, but most people just get used to it. I haven't noticed anything yet on my ZR2, but maybe my tolerance is different after owning my Jeep. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.