Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before ordering carpet I'm going from a plastic floor liner to carpeting in a 5 speeds regular cab 06 I'm wondering if the whole floor Pan design is the same for that year in an automatic version truck I don't wanna end up with a pre molded design that something differs because I have a 5 speed can anybody verify Or anything I should ask about or a good place to get from to change this over the WT model Colorado has some type of Box underneath the 6040 split bench The automatic does not and various websites selling carpet don't really ask about 5 speed interior's

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
The basic floor plan will be the same, whether or not the truck is equipped with a manual transmission or automatic. The only difference will be that there will be an access hole for the shift lever in a manual transmission equipped truck. If you are purchasing an aftermarket formed carpet it will require you to cut the opening for the shift lever, and possibly other minor trimming. If you want more confirmation of this, check in over at the Nation (355nation.net). That is where most of the 1st generation (2004-2012) owners hang out.

I don't have any knowledge of a "box" under the front seat. Is it electronic? Does it have electrical connectors? If it is bolted to the floor, you can probably remove it, install the carpet and reinstall the box.

For info, these are the part numbers of the OEM carpet: https://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/s...ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The basic floor plan will be the same, whether or not the truck is equipped with a manual transmission or automatic. The only difference will be that there will be an access hole for the shift lever in a manual transmission equipped truck. If you are purchasing an aftermarket formed carpet it will require you to cut the opening for the shift lever, and possibly other minor trimming. If you want more confirmation of this, check in over at the Nation (355nation.net). That is where most of the 1st generation (2004-2012) owners hang out.

I don't have any knowledge of a "box" under the front seat. Is it electronic? Does it have electrical connectors? If it is bolted to the floor, you can probably remove it, install the carpet and reinstall the box.

For info, these are the part numbers of the OEM carpet: https://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/s...ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0
It is in Fact some sort of electronic unit about 6"x6" and sits right being the floor shifter along the trans tunnel under the driver seat mostly and it is under the liner or carpet . I asked to make sure any new carpet would have the raised mold to cover the unit because automatic colorados don't seem to have this as i have looked at one identical 2006 auto at my job and didn't notice the electronic unit.
If the new carpet was generic then I would have no way to know whether this raised molded area for the carpet is there for auto or manual carpeted interiors.
Cutting out a area having it protrude would look dumb haha.. but if I had to i would.
I did call stockinteriors which sells carpeting and they said illustrations shown has the molded area to cover the unit.
Guess I'll find out .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.