Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read the manual and it says yes. But when I read the instructions it don’t match up. Can I flat tow my 2016 canyon 4wd behind an rv? Reason I ask is the instructions say to shift transfer case into neutral before going into the process of shutting the car down and disconnecting battery. My switch is 2wd/auto/4hi/4lo. Maybe I’m misreading. Regardless before I spend the money can someone here please confirm that we can flat tow 206 4x4 behind an rv.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yes, you can. Neutral is beyond the 4L position and is hard to see because it's not white, it's an amber light that illuminates when it's in Neutral. See attached pic.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question. Which click on the keys is the accessory setting for flat tow. I have
First position...this is where the key can freely slide in/out
second position....radio and electronics turn on
third position...glow plugs, ac blower turn on

Which one is the appropriate accessory setting for flat towing.
Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Quick question. Which click on the keys is the accessory setting for flat tow. I have
First position...this is where the key can freely slide in/out
second position....radio and electronics turn on
third position...glow plugs, ac blower turn on

Which one is the appropriate accessory setting for flat towing.
Thanks a ton!
Those positions are OFF, ACC, and RUN. So it would be the second one since it just powers the accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The only purpose is to disconnect the steering column lock... turn the key til the column unlocks and you're good to go.. You're disconnecting the battery no matter which position the key is in

I get a bit paranoid and double/triple check the steering is unlocked prior to towing

Also good idea to make a abbriviated check list for your towing procedure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts