Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first mods on my ZR2 in this order were:
1. Weathertech Floor liners
2. Weathertech Mud flaps (held up well 4x4ing btw. They are stiff, but also flex enough)
3. Diode Dynamics LED Low Beams
4. TPMS installed in the spare tire to enable 5-tire rotation.

In the queue now is:
4. Sasquatch Provent Kit

Future mods: when the Wrangler tires hit 50%, I'll sell them off to help finance larger tires:
5. 265/70r17 tires, or possibly go up to a 33" tire. Haven't decided yet as I'm enjoying the MPGs and stock ride quality of the lighter tires.
6. GMPP 1" level kit and high-angle upper control arms.
7. Peak 2" block (to gain 1" over stock) OR OME leaf pack to gain the ~1" and some more load capacity. As you can see, I'm ok with the rake, I'd just want the truck to be a touch higher to improve the approach, breakover, and departure angles. I would like to get the shock mounts welded up higher by 1" if I decided on the PEAK spacers.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
998 Posts
As I read the idea behind this thread, it's not what 3 mods/accessories you added first, but which 3 you think are the most important. Keeping that in mind, my 3 are:

1. LED/HID headlamps. I don't know how the crappy stock headlights are legal.
2. Sliders/steps. I got White Knuckle Off Road sliders. They have a ton of protection, both underneath and from the side, and they are great as steps.
3. Suspension. I like to off road and go quickly. Fox Shocks took care of that.

Notes: I don't consider air dam removal a mod/accessory, but it was the first thing I did to my truck. I didn't want a trail ripping it off and potential damaging my front end. My Leer topper has been the biggest bang-for-the buck modification I did. If my truck hadn't come with all weather floor liners, they might have displaced my top three recommendations.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
As I read the idea behind this thread, it's not what 3 mods/accessories you added first, but which 3 you think are the most important. Keeping that in mind, my 3 are:

1. LED/HID headlamps. I don't know how the crappy stock headlights are legal.
2. Sliders/steps. I got White Knuckle Off Road sliders. They have a ton of protection, both underneath and from the side, and they are great as steps.
3. Suspension. I like to off road and go quickly. Fox Shocks took care of that.

Notes: I don't consider air dam removal a mod/accessory, but it was the first thing I did to my truck. I didn't want a trail ripping it off and potential damaging my front end. My Leer topper has been the biggest bang-for-the buck modification I did. If my truck hadn't come with all weather floor liners, they might have displaced my top three recommendations.
Yeah, started out that way and moved towards "what were your first 3 mods" I'm ok with either. Some people post both :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
998 Posts
Yeah, started out that way and moved towards "what were your first 3 mods" I'm ok with either. Some people post both :)
First three were:
1. Leer shell/topper
2. Spray in bedliner
3. Center console organizer.

I also swapped a bunch of stuff over from my 4Runner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Slightly different priorities. I enjoy offroading very quickly and at night. So good lights for visibility (I did one night run with stock lights and couldn't see a damn thing), compressor for comfort and offroad traction, and finally, dual purpose seat covers to not only help me stay glued to the leather seats, but also protect the leather incase I accidentally sh!t myself. 😂
  1. Retrofit Source 4TLR HID projector upgrade
  2. ARB Twin compressor/589Fab bracket/hose/inflator/etc.
  3. Wet Okole Seat Covers
Do the wet Okoles Rub on the leather?

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
After 4.5 years I still love my puddle lights the bestest
2nd, Akkon Headlights with Supernova V.4 LED's
3rd Truxedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover, expensive but worth it

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Do the wet Okoles Rub on the leather?
My neoprene CoverKings do not make the farting noise and the leather still looks to be in good shape.

They stay put pretty well. As far as any wear, I have no idea. I haven't had them off in three years. It's on the list to take them off and do a nice thorough wash.
I've cleaned mine on my truck twice now. Might be easier ?

Reactions: hoooogan

·
Registered
2017 & 2021 ZR2
173 Posts
  • Tint
  • Weathertechs
  • Leveling kit

Those were mine and what I'd suggest if asked. Next 3, because I can't help it, would be

• Console and glove box organizers
  • DRL harness
  • Diode Dynamics headlight bulbs

·
Registered
15 Posts
My truck is on order, but, from previous experience I know what I'm doing to it as soon as it arrives.

Remove all badges and stickers. Cleans the truck up real nice and it's free. Only the grill badge will remain and I'll likely swap the gold factory one with a black one to match the truck.

Once I have a VIN and I know my configuration won't change, vent shades, bug shield for the hood. I've put those on all my trucks.

Tonneau cover, dash cam, Weather Techs, and battery tender will be next.

I also want to look for a different tailgate. One without the stamped Chevrolet in the middle. I want it smooth.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts