Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very useful thread, just got a used '18 ZR2 CC.

I've been a Weathertech guy for a long time, would anyone sway me from getting theirs vs the GM or Husky ones? I'd get them mainly to protect from salt from our shoes in winter.

My mods so far (came on it)
-Soft tonneau cover

My planned mods:
-Tint front windows
-Floor liners
-Hood front edge protector (what brand?)

·
Registered
2018 ZR2
46 Posts
1. LED headlight upgrade
2. Bed Cover
3. Mud flaps.

I didn't do it in this order but if I had a do-over, that's what I would prioritize first. My truck is the dusk edition so windows were already tinted, otherwise that would be high on the list too.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Colorado Z71
12 Posts
Just picked up a used 21 Z71 which allready had a spray in liner, all weather mats, tinted windows, and side steps.

My first 3 mods were:

Coin tray, soft roll up tonneau cover, and 2" level kit.

I also ordered the rear gate spoiler, and led lights but those above are the 3 that made it on the truck first.

2021 Colorado Z71 Midnight Edition
2020 Chevy Blazer RS
2003 SVT Cobra

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,011 Posts
Very useful thread, just got a used '18 ZR2 CC.

I've been a Weathertech guy for a long time, would anyone sway me from getting theirs vs the GM or Husky ones? I'd get them mainly to protect from salt from our shoes in winter.

My mods so far (came on it)
-Soft tonneau cover

My planned mods:
-Tint front windows
-Floor liners
-Hood front edge protector (what brand?)
I can't speak for the colorado but, I had the weather tech on a 2018 Tahoe and ended up going to the GM liners. It was a better fit, a nicer rubber (didn't stain or fade with road salt) and better protected the door sill.

My truck came with the liners, I love them. They still look brand new. I usually just shake them out but since the salt is gone I hit them quick with some spray 9 and a soft brush.

I have the GM chip guard/hood deflector on mine. It's nice. I personally don't like the looks of the stick on type. I do wish it didn't stop at the hood line and wrapped around like my old truck.
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I'll check out the GM liners, I been happy with W'tech though the back ones have curled up in the wife's ride.
6 years on my weathertechs now without any curling (that I've noticed). Every once in awhile I'll pull them out and pressure wash them (between vacuumings). Here's the front two, four years into their life. 3 years in West Texas, 1 year in NC (the south... ?).

Grey Wood Road surface Font Rectangle

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't speak for the colorado but, I had the weather tech on a 2018 Tahoe and ended up going to the GM liners. It was a better fit, a nicer rubber (didn't stain or fade with road salt) and better protected the door sill.

My truck came with the liners, I love them. They still look brand new. I usually just shake them out but since the salt is gone I hit them quick with some spray 9 and a soft brush.

I have the GM chip guard/hood deflector on mine. It's nice. I personally don't like the looks of the stick on type. I do wish it didn't stop at the hood line and wrapped around like my old truck.
Thanks y'all have great advice. I picked up GM floor liners they are great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Took delivery of the truck on Thursday. Bought and installed GoRhino Dominator DSS step rails on Friday.
Planning on Spray-in Bedliner and Leveling kit in the next week (still debating 1.5 or 2").
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Tire High-visibility clothing Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2018 ZR2
46 Posts
Wonder how hard the headlight bulbs are to swap...
Easy. Driver side is super easy. Passenger side requires removing two plastic covers to get to which I think is 3 push in clips and 1 torx screw. Dust caps are a quarter turn and pop off. I like to put an index mark on my dust caps with a sharpee marker because they only go on a certain way and lining them up with out some kind of index mark adds some colorful language to the process (at least for me).

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel 4X4. Summit White, Cocoa/Dark Atmosphere, Black wheel package
283 Posts
My first three were Weathertech floor liners and ventshades, Retrax Pro retractable bed cover. I think the Provent catch can would have been first but you guys had to educate me about those. I am very grateful for that, by the way. My Canyon came with the Bedliner and the dealer had tinted the front windows. Next is 589 shock skids and thanks to ARCowboy front skid plate bracket support.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
First post updated. Bedcovers, floorliners, and bedliners in the lead, followed closely by console organizer and slider/runningboards/steps !

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

Reactions: Skrongbed

·
Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel 4X4. Summit White, Cocoa/Dark Atmosphere, Black wheel package
283 Posts
Oh yeah, I got the console thingie in there sometime too. Once again, on the recommendation of those here. I think I’m going to do a Bank’s or Edge engine monitor at some point in time but no hurry on that. Can’t make up my mind on which one but I’m leaning towards the Bank’s.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I forgot this one…. One of my favorites. Zoom center slider.

Attachments

Reactions: gherbert

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bed liner, rustproofing, tinted windows

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·

·
Registered