Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Interior LED's was about the 10th thing I added and really does not add much, more a waste of money. Never turn them on when I am in the truck and I could see getting in at night with the regular bulbs.
My truck came with floor mats, otherwise that would have been the first thing I bought at the Farm store.
my Berber carpet in the bed is Da-bomb, shake it ut when ever it gets dirty

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Registered
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
32 Posts
Part of the Offroad Package Option it came with, but would have been priority otherwise :
1. Spray-on bed liner.
2. Front skid plates & Sliders.
3. GMC floor liners.

Purchased aftermarket:
4. Bakflip Bed Cover (F1).
5. Upgraded recovery gear.
6. Console Organizer

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Floorliners and bedcovers still very popular, with Sliders and bedliner tied for 3rd
Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Pattern

Reactions: beervo2 and Tom S.

·
Registered
19 CC V6 Bison,
146 Posts
2019 Bison, Crew Cab, Gas - We're retired and travel cross country camping in a 19' Scamp fifth wheel (well, sorta) on public lands (USFS, BLM, COE, NPS), Once a destination is reached, we tend to set up a base where we'll remain for several days while using the truck to explore nearby backroads and 4x4 trails. All early mods were made with these functions in mind.
1. Custom in-bed trailer hitch (necessary to tow the camper).
2. CamLocker tool box (storage and security; tonneau would not work with fiver hitch)
3. ComeUp 9.5 RS Gen II winch (ability to self recover is critical as we often travel solo)
4. Midland MXT275 GMRS radio (GMRS has replaced CB with the folks I hang with)
5. Bed mounted Anderson connector (for 12V air pump, 900W inverter, 120V charger. 120V supply to camper)
There are other things I would have bought/fabbed between #'s 3 and 4 in the above list but these were items I had on hand and only needed to be loaded into the truck. A 12V compressor, tire repair kit, jack(s) and a LIOn booster pack are just a few.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
139 Posts
Once we got our new ZR2 on got online & ordered:

• LED bulbs for everything except turn signals to replace the horrible factory lighting.
  • Side steps to protect the seats from just sliding our that wears them out quickly.
  • Folding hard bed cover that is lockable & weather proof. Also got a cargo net for the bed to keep things in place.

** After 10K miles I installed Weather Tech mud flaps which keeps the dirt & mud off the sides & more so off from behind the door handles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
1. Line X
2. Retrax bed cover w/t slots
3. Windshield Replacment at 3,000-ish miles. A rock flew off a dump truck heading to my construction site. The impact sounded like a gunshot and shooketh me so much I didn't realize the windshield was cracked, from the top to 3" from the bottom, until I parked and got out of the truck a few minutes later.
4. Console tray

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado 4WD WT CCSB
323 Posts
1. Air Dam Removal - had dealer remove it before I took delivery
2. Floor Liners - front only. Manufactured by Bizon. Been very happy with them.
3. Three things for the truck bed. Bed Mat, Bed Liner, and Tie Down Rings.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I did quite a few things early on but for functionality I'd say:

1. Bakflip tonneau
2. GM floor liners
3. Bullet Spray-on liner
4. Pop-n-Lock
5. Console organizer

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kicker subwoofer
Ridgelander Undercover tonneau with Rhino Rack system
Front facing camera
Bed divider
Console organizer

I still want to add LED bed lighting and would like to paint my calipers.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Overall: Bedcover, Floorliners, and Bedliner in the lead !

For non-factory available options: Console Organizer, Headlight Upgrades, and Tint

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2021 Colorado 4x4
4 Posts
New owner here (used 2021 WT w/crew cab, short bed, 4x4 and 2,600 miles) and glad you guys have blazed a trail on the Forum. I reckon we all have different wants and needs when it comes to mods. I I need a truck because I have to haul hay for my horses regularly (once a week or so), so my first mod was the bed extender giving me more square bales per trip. Second, I ordered rock sliders to give the wife (5'4") something to step up on to help her into the 4x4 (NOTE: horse hay before wife: you have to have your priorities straight). Third, it only had cloth...so I had the dealer throw in heated leather Katskin seats (this was for the wife too, but since I'd put her after the horses, I had to make up ground). Fourth, I bought some organizers for the glove box and armrest box just to keep me cleaner. Now of course that all happened in the first week. When it warms up a bit I'm sure i'll sand out the bed and put a spray on liner in there, but for now, I'm just gonna enjoy it and watch y'all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New owner here (used 2021 WT w/crew cab, short bed, 4x4 and 2,600 miles) and glad you guys have blazed a trail on the Forum. I reckon we all have different wants and needs when it comes to mods. I I need a truck because I have to haul hay for my horses regularly (once a week or so), so my first mod was the bed extender giving me more square bales per trip. Second, I ordered rock sliders to give the wife (5'4") something to step up on to help her into the 4x4 (NOTE: horse hay before wife: you have to have your priorities straight). Third, it only had cloth...so I had the dealer throw in heated leather Katskin seats (this was for the wife too, but since I'd put her after the horses, I had to make up ground). Fourth, I bought some organizers for the glove box and armrest box just to keep me cleaner. Now of course that all happened in the first week. When it warms up a bit I'm sure i'll sand out the bed and put a spray on liner in there, but for now, I'm just gonna enjoy it and watch y'all.
You and your wife ok w the rock sliders as a step?
I have rock sliders and was hoping they offered more of a step - my wife wants me to get real steps. Researching solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
You and your wife ok w the rock sliders as a step?
I have rock sliders and was hoping they offered more of a step - my wife wants me to get real steps. Researching solutions.

589fab makes an attachment for the ZR2 sliders that turns them into steps.

I really like my NFAB RKR rails. They have detachable steps so I don't lose the breakover angle like regular steps do, but also have useful steps for the lady and myself so I lessen the wear and tear on the side of the seats that are prone to tearing/cracking. There is another set of mount points for rear steps but eh. I kind of like just having the front on now.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Netbook Automotive exterior

Reactions: Mfeebs

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just traded my ’19 Z71 in for a ‘21 ZR2

The ZR2 came pretty much loaded option wise (including a tri-fold tonneau cover, blackout emblems and tailgate insert, sprayin box liner, etc) so when I picked it up within the first week the first few things I did was the following;

GM floor liners - had them in my previous truck from day one and they were great

Weathetech mud flaps - great quality and fit and look like stock, quick install with no drilling. My last truck was horrible for flinging mud up to my door handles and into my boat when towing it, hopefully these help

Center console organizer - cheap on Amazon, functional, great quality and really looks and feels as if it should of come from factory with it

Side window tint - i like the look and keeps the interior cooler in summer

LED high/low beam headlight bulbs as well as interior/cargo/license plate bulbs - much more modern look and improvement in brightness. Dissapointed the ZR2 does not come with fog lights as my z71 did

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
2021 Colorado 4x4
4 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

i bought a set of three tube sliders. I have outcroppings on the farm that’d hang up with drop steps like some have. These are true sliders. Lowers the step in height about six inches and that’s enough for the missus. I only l only use them to tap my boots on before I get in to knock off any cow patties or horse apples. Course, if I had a big lift we might need a rope ladder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 423123
i bought a set of three tube sliders. I have outcroppings on the farm that’d hang up with drop steps like some have. These are true sliders. Lowers the step in height about six inches and that’s enough for the missus. I only l only use them to tap my boots on before I get in to knock off any cow patties or horse apples. Course, if I had a big lift we might need a rope ladder.
Hey WhiskeyWes - really like those slider steps. Did they attach to the existing sliders or replace them? What brand and model are they?

·
Registered
2021 Colorado 4x4
4 Posts
Hey WhiskeyWes - really like those slider steps. Did they attach to the existing sliders or replace them? What brand and model are they?

I had no stepsor sliders on this one when I bought it used with 2800 miles on it. They are direct bolt on to the holes pre drilled in the frame for the OEM steps. Took me about 30 minutes by my lonesome to install. I think they were Oedre (or similar spelling) brand for less than $200. Solid welds, well built, strong. Stick out just enough that door bangers hit them instead of dinging your door. I use to put them on jeeps as actual sliders. They hold up really well.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts