Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Kind of weird how no one has said a catchcan/AOS yet. Other 2 are running boards so the seats dont get blown out and a cover.
I was trying to keep this kinda generic, but 100% agree that my #2 diesel mod behind running additive would be a provent.

You mean an entire truck cover ?

How does a lack of running boards blow the seats out ?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
The carpeting in modern vehicles is used as part of the NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) dampening system.
I guess quieter is better, and that would be a valid excuse for cars. Not sure it matters much for trucks, particularly given Ford pumps fake engine noise into trucks to make them louder.

·
Registered
162 Posts
1 - bed protection (line-x or full bedrug)
I bought my truck knowing I'd use it for truck things and eventually got a floor only bedrug. I will be Line-xing it soon as the sides are all sorts of scratched.

2 - headlight bulbs, either LEDs or HIDs. The factory illumination is not great.

3 - Leather seats or covers for the cloth. With 2 kids and 2 dogs.....cloth cannot remain looking good. My wife spilled water on the front passenger seat and it discolored it 3 weeks into ownership, lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was trying to keep this kinda generic, but 100% agree that my #2 diesel mod behind running additive would be a provent.

You mean an entire truck cover ?

How does a lack of running boards blow the seats out ?
I meant a bed cover. But my wife is 5'1 and slides in and out. Also I'm only 5'8 so they stop me from sliding in and out too. Too use to stepping up to get out

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I meant a bed cover. But my wife is 5'1 and slides in and out. Also I'm only 5'8 so they stop me from sliding in and out too. Too use to stepping up to get out
Ahhh, I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying !

·
Registered
2021 ZR2 CCSB Bright Blue Metallic
147 Posts
I ordered my truck with the GM rubber floor liners so for me that was not a "mod".
My top 3 are:
Interior organization: center console tray, driver seat back pockets, carabiners behind the passenger seat to keep our plastic take-out bags from tipping over and dumping our food on the way home.

Protection: tie rod sleeves, rear shock skids, rear differential skid plate.

Access: step sliders since my wife and I are both short.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Foldable bed cover
Dash cam
Quality seat covers
Just ordered the Trifecta Tune. That should have been higher on the list

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Foldable bed cover
Dash cam
Quality seat covers
Just ordered the Trifecta Tune. That should have been higher on the list
I too was torn as to what to include in a first 3, because there are just so many good mods out there and it all depends on peoples priorities.

Update:
Floorliners, Tonneau Covers, and Headlight upgrades still top 3, but tied for 3rd with side steps/running boards/sliders.
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Symmetry

Keep em coming !

·
Registered
17 Posts
1. Weathertech floor mats
2. Carhartt seat covers
3. Running boards
3. tonneau (tied for third)

I was a little hesitant about the seat covers given the cost and that the rear arm rest isn't accessible. But within a month of installing them, dog ate something he shouldn't have and came back to the truck after work to various fluids all over the floors and seats. Uncomfortable ride home, but everything cleaned up with a hose and/or the washing machine and the truck floors and seats were fine. They have saved me multiple times since then with spilled food, seawater, etc.

Also good for diving/fishing. Don't have to worry about being 100% dry when switching spots to keep the seats from getting stinky even in a wetsuit (unlike the trucks at work). Definitely a tonneau to keep eyes off my dive and fishing gear but the running boards are nice for kicking stuff off boots (wife and dog both use them to get in too)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fun topic, and my first time posting after lurking for a few months. Picked up a 2022 Canyon Elevation at the end of October, which was ordered two months prior. I’ve learned quite a bit in regards to mods from this site, so these were my first three:

1) Console organizer (an absolute must)
2) Stubby antenna
3) LED highs and lows (another must)

I’ve since gone on to do a number of other mods, but those were my first three.

Note: My dealer installed floormats, side steps and a spray-in bed liner before I officially took delivery.

·
Registered
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
25 Posts
Fun topic, and my first time posting after lurking for a few months. Picked up a 2022 Canyon Elevation at the end of October, which was ordered two months prior. I’ve learned quite a bit in regards to mods from this site, so these were my first three:

2) Stubby antenna

Note: My dealer installed floormats, side steps and a spray-in bed liner before I officially took delivery.
I'm interested in better headlights for my 2022 Canyon also.
Please provide details of what you did on the LEDs and any comparison to the OEMs that you can.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

2) Stubby antenna

Welcome ! Solid line up of your first 3 (+3 the dealer installed). Definitely great daily driver/human mods

Reactions: AugustWest

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Amazing how popular that console organizer is. And yes I did get one pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

2) Stubby antenna

I'm interested in better headlights for my 2022 Canyon also.
Please provide details of what you did on the LEDs and any comparison to the OEMs that you can.
There is a whole thread on that but be aware that these kits are considered replacement motor vehicle equipment and therefore are subject to the Replacement Equipment section of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108 Lamps, Reflective, Devices and Associated Equipment, 49 CFR § 571.108. HID/LED conversion kits do not meet the requirements of FMVSS No. 108 and therefore cannot be lawfully imported or sold in the United States per 49 U.S.C § 30112 (a)(1).

Caveat: If you found a DOT approved complete headlamp replacement (the entire assembly, including bulb) please post that up.

Although there is little enforcement at the federal or state level, you also wouldn't talk about smoking pot in an open forum in a state where it isn't legal would you ?

There is hope though, as reported:

section 24212 of HR 3684—the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and signed into law on November 16, 2021—is simply titled "Headlamps." and states, "Not later than 2 years after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall issue a final rule amending Standard 108."

Reactions: shootist~

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
First 3 only of an otherwise long list. Probably do in the same order if starting again.
1) Line-X bed and lower rocker seam
2) UV Blocking window and windshield tint
3) Professional ceramic coat.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
First 3 only of an otherwise long list. Probably do in the same order if starting again.
1) Line-X bed and lower rocker seam
2) UV Blocking window and windshield tint
3) Professional ceramic coat.
Lower rocker seam ? Are you referring to the pinch weld of the cab or something else ?

I too had my truck professionally paint corrected and ceramic coated with Sapphire V1. Still looks amazing 5 years later IMO.

·
Registered
21 CCSB Canyon AT4 diesel
48 Posts
I ordered mine with floor liners.... so I wont count them on my list. After 6 months I now have my truck the way it should have come from the factory as far as I'm concerned
My modifications/additions/upgrades in order are
1) console organizer
2) tonneau cover
3) Krown undercoat (salt and calcium are used on the roads around me 7 months a year)

4) Xpel paint protection film (front, A pillers, roof, door sills)
5) Xpel ceramic front window tint (50%)
6) Sasquatch catch can kit
7) Second set of tires and rims for summer (OE AT4 for winter, OE Z71 for summer ;) )

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good idea thread for new owners!

I bought a 2018 Z71 Midnight Edition which already had the AT Duratrac tires, bed liner applied, and floor mats. My first major mods within a few months of truck ownership were:
1. Wheel-to-wheel side steps w/ bed access third step
2. DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover (lockable, weatherproof and weight bearing)
3. Vehicle rust proofing (frame and body panels)

Longer term for off roading:
4. Air dam removal
5. OEM / AEV / 589Fab skid plates
6. Lift / Level Kit (installed Peak Suspension Summit Kit w/ 2.7" lift front and 1" rear)

41 - 60 of 87 Posts