Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Makes sense. As owner of [insert expensive product x] I highly recommend [product x]. [Insert expensive product y] is inferior because I did not buy it and by birthright I am owed the best and admitting any other product is equivalent or superior would be a slight against myself.

Sound about right ?
Yes. Reminds me of someone I knew who bought a brand new Porsche 928 who claimed you could tell how well every bolt was tightened just driving it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
So far all great answers! Hard to only pick three

First, three are free mods

1 air dam removal
2 Debadge (excluding canyon badges on doors, GMC lettering on grill and tailgate) makes the truck look so much cleaner
3 This one is stupidly simple and makes the lighting signature look unique, on the turn signal bulb break off the inner two leads to prevent the light from being on while the truck runs This post has a better description they do still work when you signal left or right.

Paid mods/accessories

if you didn't get a spray in liner from factory I highly recommend it.

1 LED lights (fog, hi, low) especially if you live somewhere with lots of wildlife
2 Tonneau cover
3 fender lip and rocker panel protection. Personally I used a can of rubberized undercoat spray to coat the rock chipped edge of my fenders and along the bottom of the rocker panel and pinch weld area

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Symmetry Pattern

Currently Tonneau Cover, Floorliners, and headlight upgrades are the top 3 mods, followed closely by side steps/sliders and some form of bedliner/rug

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
I'm going to cheat:

1. Lights: Headlights, interior lights and tail lights, specifically the back up lights, all replaced with better quality LEDs.
2. Weathertech products: Hood protector, window vents, floor liners and mud flaps.
3. Heads up display. Note, this last one only counts if you were able to order your truck with a heated steering wheel. Otherwise, that would supplant the HUD.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Currently Tonneau Cover, Floorliners, and headlight upgrades are the top 3 mods, followed closely by side steps/sliders and some form of bedliner/rug
Just think how much money GM could save us if they offered vinyl flooring. Two things I've said about that in the past:

1. I'd love to be able to order a truck with vinyl flooring and leather seats.

2. Carpet in cars/trucks reminds me of an old National Lampoon thing where they had an advertisement for cow armor, to keep hunters from killing famers' cows. Later they had an advertisement for cow armor piercing bullets, for hunters having a bad day and the only animal they find is one wearing cow armor. Originally cars/trucks didn't have carpet, then they started adding it, and quickly thereafter floor mats and similar came into being.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 in Silver Ice Metallic
587 Posts
I bought 5 things at the same time right off the bat from Amazon. I don't remember which 3 were first in the cart so here are the 5.

1. Tyger side steps (short wife)
2. Center console tray.
3. Husky floor liners.
4. "Colorado" door sill protectors.
5. Cupholder hero inserts.

The side steps I have since replaced with some NFab nerf steps but I still have everything else. Sometimes its the small details...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
3 This one is stupidly simple and makes the lighting signature look unique, on the turn signal bulb break off the inner two leads to prevent the light from being on while the truck runs This post has a better description they do still work when you signal left or right.
This mod may be illegal in the U.S., depending on the state that you live in.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Q: I bought Husky floor liners for my new '16 Canyon strictly because their site stated the liners went over the door sill. I'm usually a Weathertech guy (5 sets is various vehicles) but their site didn't state this and the stock photos didn't show it. I was satisfied with the Husky liners.

Are the Weathertech's over the sill? What about the GM floor liners?

I'd also like to know about the side height. The Husky's were okay but I would like higher side coverage.

Just bought a '22 ZR2 and need floor liners before the winter mess.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This mod may be illegal in the U.S., depending on the state that you live in.
You are probably right since they don't light up, but lots of imports use simple reflectors and pass safety... the orange section is still there so it does reflect. Anyways its a $3 bulb if you do need to replace them

·
Registered
298 Posts
First is the nerf bar/step. I'm 5' 2".
Next is tonneau cover.
Then the Bedrug.
I also feel mud flaps/guards are important. These things throw up a lot of crud onto the body.
I've decided to stick with the carpet floor mats. If I am driving home from camp and my feet are wet or too hot in my boots, I like to have the carpet when I kick off the boots. If I could get the nice, soft rubber mats that my husband got stock with his 2015 Silverado LTZ, I'd possibly switch to those.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For my 2019 Bison I did the following:

#1 - Basics - The top tray for the center console and the in-bed tie downs - both ordered off Amazon together.
#2 - Off Road Improvements - Replaced the backend of the exhaust on the Duramax with the AFE Hi-tuck and moved the spare out from under the rear end.
#3 - Security - Truxedo roll-up bed tonneau cover and secured the spare in the bed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
1. Husky floor liners (they are better than Weather Tech - I've had both).
2. Level front end - easy enough to do if you have modest mechanical skills / tools and not that expensive with a multitude of aftermarket kits available.
3. IF you have one remove the front air dam!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
LED headlights, GM tonneau cover, MOI hidden winch and rc921 level spacer.

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just think how much money GM could save us if they offered vinyl flooring. Two things I've said about that in the past:

1. I'd love to be able to order a truck with vinyl flooring and leather seats.

2. Carpet in cars/trucks reminds me of an old National Lampoon thing where they had an advertisement for cow armor, to keep hunters from killing famers' cows. Later they had an advertisement for cow armor piercing bullets, for hunters having a bad day and the only animal they find is one wearing cow armor. Originally cars/trucks didn't have carpet, then they started adding it, and quickly thereafter floor mats and similar came into being.
The carpeting in modern vehicles is used as part of the NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) dampening system. All noise is an aural wave caused by the vibrations of objects at audible frequencies. The carpeting in the Colorado/Canyons is actually almost an inch thick and used as a decoupling/distancing with possibly some mass load on top of vibration reducing rubber compounds applied to the cab. Vinyl flooring would transmit much more road noise. The Honda Element had vinyl flooring in it and was a very loud vehicle IMO. Very unique though... suicide doors and vinyl flooring with seats that laid back all the way.

First is the nerf bar/step. I'm 5' 2".
Next is tonneau cover.
Then the Bedrug.
I also feel mud flaps/guards are important. These things throw up a lot of crud onto the body.
I've decided to stick with the carpet floor mats. If I am driving home from camp and my feet are wet or too hot in my boots, I like to have the carpet when I kick off the boots. If I could get the nice, soft rubber mats that my husband got stock with his 2015 Silverado LTZ, I'd possibly switch to those.
I believe the soft rubber like ones are called floor mats and are available from the majors (Weathertech, husky and GM) if interested. There's usually some stores that carry samples of each that you could feel before ordering.

1. Husky floor liners (they are better than Weather Tech - I've had both).
2. Level front end - easy enough to do if you have modest mechanical skills / tools and not that expensive with a multitude of aftermarket kits available.
3. IF you have one remove the front air dam!
I don't think either is "better"; Husky floor liners and weathertechs are just different. I have also had both and they each have their own strengths. I prefer the rigidity and hardness of the weathertechs over the rubbery feel of the huskys. IMO easier to vacuum and pressure wash as well as pull them out, dirt and all, and empty them into dumpsters/trash cans. The huskys I had in my LJ were more flexible and rubbery and the right choice for some added sound dampening, but quite slippery when wet (and no soft top/steel half doors jeep has ever leaked, right ? haha) which was a problem with snow melting off boots/shoes in the winter as well.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts