Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

Since this topic frequently comes up I figured I would make a short post to refer people to rather than type this out several times and also start a discussion. What were your first 3 mods ? And would you do them again, or change up the order ?

My first three recommended mods, in order of price because I think they're all equally useful/important/impactful:

Obligatory I purchased all of this myself, not affiliated or sponsored by Weathertech, SuperBrightLEDS, etc...

1. Center console organizer - $16

2. LED replacement interior & license plate lights - $50
2x 194 LED Landscape Light Bulb 30 Lumens
5x 194 LED Landscape Light Bulb 95 Lumens
4x 6612F Vehicle Vanity LED Light Bulb

3. Weathertech sunshade (& floor mats if you don't have any) - $50 (& $180)
FloorLiners
WeatherTech Sunshade

(4. Diesel) 5x 8oz Nalgene HDPE Wide Mouth Containers for additive - $16

CAO 27 NOV 2021
Rectangle Parallel Font Pattern Number

Should have made this a poll from the beginning lol. Here's the tallied votes. A mod needs 2 votes to be included.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,963 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a big fan of duck fabric, and those Carharts look nice, but $800+ for a set of seat covers ?! I thought I was breaking the bank with $500 CoverKing Neoprene covers. WetOkole is around the same price.

Why the rubbery weathertechs ? Your truck, your preferences, your money, just curious. Might help someone else as well

·
Registered
104 Posts
My first 3 were:

1.Window tint and windshield IR heat rejection film.
2. Silver star ultra high and low bulbs.
3. Side steps.
Would do all again, tint helps with appearance and really makes a difference on how fast interior heats up in the sun, ac works a lot less. Bulbs helped as an in-between until I do further mods. The steps greatly help my short wife, mother, and young kids get in and out.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
I'm a big fan of duck fabric, and those Carharts look nice, but $800+ for a set of seat covers ?! I thought I was breaking the bank with $500 CoverKing Neoprene covers. WetOkole is around the same price.

Why the rubbery weathertechs ? Your truck, your preferences, your money, just curious. Might help someone else as well
The fronts are $300+... I have an extended cab so no need for the rear seat covers.

Oh my bad... I put the wrong liknk in there.. Thank you for noticing... I will fix that

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My first 3 were:

1.Window tint and windshield IR heat rejection film.
2. Silver star ultra high and low bulbs.
3. Side steps.
Would do all again, tint helps with appearance and really makes a difference on how fast interior heats up in the sun, ac works a lot less. Bulbs helped as an in-between until I do further mods. The steps greatly help my short wife, mother, and young kids get in and out.
Solid mods. No sunshade ? Just the tint ?

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
1. Boost Mirrors.
2. T-cover.
3. Side steps (at request of wife, but I don't like the look of the truck without something underneath.
4. Bed mat.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
In past threads what people like is largely dependent on what they bought. FWIW, I don't consider the Weathertechs rubbery, and I've heard complaints of one sort or another about all the major brands.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
2,006 Posts
1) Gm rubber floor mats
2) Tint
3) Zr2 take off sliders
The rest of the mods are way more fun but this is 1-3. The tint is the biggest impact day to day.

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
I am confused by the OP
"What were your first 3 mods ? "
"My first three recommended mods, "

My first 3 were
1. Running boards
2.Truxedo Sentry tonneau cover
3. carpet for the bed,
Lowes, Home depot or local carpet buy a scrape of carpet so things do not slide around

Recommend, cause some things listed come as OEM depending on model
1. Silver Star light bulb conversions
2. Seat Covers
2. Interior LED lights

Reactions: ARCowboy

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
1,934 Posts
Slightly different priorities. I enjoy offroading very quickly and at night. So good lights for visibility (I did one night run with stock lights and couldn't see a damn thing), compressor for comfort and offroad traction, and finally, dual purpose seat covers to not only help me stay glued to the leather seats, but also protect the leather incase I accidentally sh!t myself. 😂
  1. Retrofit Source 4TLR HID projector upgrade
  2. ARB Twin compressor/589Fab bracket/hose/inflator/etc.
  3. Wet Okole Seat Covers

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am confused by the OP
"What were your first 3 mods ? "
"My first three recommended mods, "

My first 3 were
1. Running boards
2.Truxedo Sentry tonneau cover
3. carpet for the bed,
Lowes, Home depot or local carpet buy a scrape of carpet so things do not slide around

Recommend,
1. Silver Star light bulb conversions
2. Seat Covers
2. Interior LED lights
I wanted to have something to link others to when they ask this question in the newcomer section and also open the floor for others inputs, since there is no one size fits all for trucks or mods.

They're my recommendations but also what I have on my truck, although they weren't my first 3. I did the LEDs and sunshade/floor mats immediately but I don't think the center console organizer was available in 2016 (or I didn't know about it).

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In past threads what people like is largely dependent on what they bought. FWIW, I don't consider the Weathertechs rubbery, and I've heard complaints of one sort or another about all the major brands.
Makes sense. As owner of [insert expensive product x] I highly recommend [product x]. [Insert expensive product y] is inferior because I did not buy it and by birthright I am owed the best and admitting any other product is equivalent or superior would be a slight against myself.

Sound about right ?

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Tonneau cover
Weathertech floormats
Trailer brake controller

Actually, my first 2 were stubby antenna and bed tie downs.

Reactions: gherbert

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
I accidently selected the floor mats.. Not the floor Liners... Yes the floor liners are not rubbery

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
221 Posts
My upgrades or modifications.Not in any order.

Bull bar with integrated LED DRL/ORL combination.
Nerf bars
Sports bar with LED light
LED DRL conversion for running lights and LED tail lights.
Dash Cam
Air horns

1 - 20 of 50 Posts