Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Can't wait to see it....and yea, it is worth the wait :wink2:
It is worth the wait. . I heartily agree. I ordered out 2017 Colorado LT also.

But it may be a lo-o-ng. wait since he said he ordered a 2108 . . .. :-D:-D

Finally ordered my 2108 Z-71 gasser
It will be Summit White and nicely equipped.
6 to 8 weeks but "its on the way".
I DID it.
I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sat down with the GM (general manager) at the dealership and literally picked through the option screens selecting what I wanted on the new truck.
I added the "graphic/stripes package" for the hood, tailgate and sides. I have only seen a couple Colorados with the stripes on them, a white one will really look good.
I also ordrered the Sport bar with the lights installed, a spendy item but I love the look.
I am pretty stoked and will be spreading the news to friends and co-workers as the days click away.
I'll be getting my code and can hopefully track it as it goes through production and delivery.
My 2011 Pro-4X has been an awesome truck, I am sure my Z-71 will be all that, and more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lol I swapped an xterra for a z71 as well. Miscalculated and my long bed doesn't fit in the garage but I don't mind with the remote start via phone option.

I ordered mine in August and I've had it a couple of weeks now. Really enjoying this truck. The x was literally everything I needed but I didn't enjoy driving it daily, especially with only a 300 mile range. I'm still getting used to parking and don't understand some quirks (wth can't the screens stay dimmed when I park and kill the headlights?!) but overall I really like this thing.

I sat down and ordered a la 2017 but I wasn't interested in many options. Didn't know until last week when I was on the website I got a premium color lol. Loving this blue except after a rain. It's not as trail capable as the x was but for daily, I think you'll be very happy with it.

I take it you'll have a lift and front air dam delete done soon though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The air dam has to come off, OMFG what were they thinking.
I really want to do the BDS lift but I'll probably drive it for awhile before BDS gets the kits ready.
I'll be adding a few things and getting the bed liner done but that should do it for now.
My Nissan frontier has been virtually flawless, I can only hope the same is true when I jump into the Chevy Colorado.
Perhaps I can get the dealer to remove the airdam for me, that would sure make my day.
Cheers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted a "color match" rear bumper as I selected the color match grill but that would mean a different package than a Z-71.
I decided to get the standard chrome bumper and get it wrapped or painted to match the truck in the near future.
I wish GM could offer a few more slight variations like this when ordering but thats the way it is.
I could have chosen a different package and add everything to it but it would cost more than the Z-71 package when I was done adding everything.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I wanted a "color match" rear bumper as I selected the color match grill but that would mean a different package than a Z-71.
I decided to get the standard chrome bumper and get it wrapped or painted to match the truck in the near future.
I wish GM could offer a few more slight variations like this when ordering but thats the way it is.
I could have chosen a different package and add everything to it but it would cost more than the Z-71 package when I was done adding everything.
I'm not quite sure If I'm reading your statement correct. I'f you ordered a Z71, it should come with a colored matched rear bumper. Unless Chevy changed it this year. Anyhow, good luck with the new truck. I hate that time after I order the truck and I'm just waiting for it to be built.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
The air dam has to come off, OMFG what were they thinking.
I really want to do the BDS lift but I'll probably drive it for awhile before BDS gets the kits ready.
I'll be adding a few things and getting the bed liner done but that should do it for now.
My Nissan frontier has been virtually flawless, I can only hope the same is true when I jump into the Chevy Colorado.
Perhaps I can get the dealer to remove the airdam for me, that would sure make my day.
Cheers.
Instead of taking the dam completely off, consider trimming it with a Skil saw. I took mine off, but if doing it over again, I would trim it instead. Here is a good comparo of the two looks.

http://coloradofans.com/forums/3663482-post112.html

Reactions: Rosebud3

·
Registered
16 Posts
You're getting a bumper that's black for the inserts and steps, and the color of your truck for the rest unless it's due to the color for some reason. My front and rear bumpers are color matched.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.