Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on finding things to kit out my 2004 2WD Z71 5-Cylinder Colorado, and have decided to start with new wheels, and eventually get a 3-inch body lift and new tires. I've found a set that I really like the look of https://www.realtruck.com/tuff-black-red-t01-wheels/R188324P2004Y750MA.html. However, the only 15-inch rim that they carry has a 3.957-inch backspace with a -13mm offset. These are my current tires, P265/75R15 BFGs, and I'm worried about potential scrubbing or the wheels sticking out too far. Should I find a different 15-inch rim that doesn't have such a small offset?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Hi.
Well, we can't know anything about the inside dimensions by the outside spec (tire size etc.)
Your new wheel needs to clear the brakes.
"If you are unsure of the correct wheel configuration to purchase, please give us a call 1-888-257-3323."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks. I'll get some pictures of the wheel well tomorrow. Currently, I'm just running the stock wheels which I believe have a 15-inch diameter and a 33mm offset if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
You tires/wheels may stick out a tiny little bit with 4 inches of backspace on a 15x8 wheel. But not much, you should be ok with the 10.5 inch wide tire that you have. Should look about even with the fender flares. You will clear the brakes just fine. You shouldn't have any scrubbing with that size but if you do you can always crank the torsion bars a little for more clearance.

Be aware that a body lift won't allow you to go very much bigger in tire size... large body to cab mount and bumper plactics get in the way.

I'm using 17x8 wheels with 4.5 inches of backspace (0 offset) with 11.5 inch wide tires, and my tires sit about even with the fender flares.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok awesome, that helps a ton. This is my current wheel setup, and I’m not really sure what the offset is at the moment. I’m a little bit worried that the 4 inch backspacing will be to little and the wheels will stick out too much. I’m fine with some space out, but I feel too much won’t function well. I’ll probably have to trim the number connector in the fromt picture. Do you definitely think I could go for the rims I posted above?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
Well assuming you have stock z71 wheels they have 5.3 inches of backspace. So basically the wheels you want to.buy will move the tires out 1.3 inches

If you like those wheels then buy them

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been working on finding things to kit out my 2004 2WD Z71 5-Cylinder Colorado, and have decided to start with new wheels, and eventually get a 3-inch body lift and new tires. I've found a set that I really like the look of https://www.realtruck.com/tuff-black-red-t01-wheels/R188324P2004Y750MA.html. However, the only 15-inch rim that they carry has a 3.957-inch backspace with a -13mm offset. These are my current tires, P265/75R15 BFGs, and I'm worried about potential scrubbing or the wheels sticking out too far. Should I find a different 15-inch rim that doesn't have such a small offset?
Did you end up getting new rims?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
j.noah
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing