Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've done a fair bit of searching through the forum, and I've decided on the ZQ8 fender flares for my 2005 Black Ext. Z85. I'm going to get the grained gray ones, sand 'em and have them painted to match my body color locally. (also take the opportunity to have my side-view mirrors painted)

My first question is will they appear correct or will there be any overhang anywhere such as where the bumper and the fender meet?

My side-swept exhaust behind my rear tire gets so much abuse, so I'm hoping mud flaps will minimize the amount of dirt that gets splattered on it. My second question is about which splash guards will be compatible with these fender flares ? From what I understand there are molded or contoured mud flaps. What is the difference ?

Oh, and also I read somewhere that there are three sizes of fender flares - small (ZQ8), large (Z71), and is there actually a medium version ? I'd consider the medium sized flares, but I haven't found any information on them.

Thanks in advance for any information, or any suggestions. I'm planning on getting the American Racing Razor 6 22" in the near future. Think everything will sit nicely together ?

Jason

·
Registered
248 Posts
I got an extra set of z71 splash guards if you want them, shot me an offer when you get everything ready to go. I'll give a good deal they are just sitting in my apt. They are the molded type with the gold bowtie on the back

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
The "medium" sized flares you are talking about were used on the 4X4 Collys with the Z85 package. Go to the official GM accessories website and check out Colorado accessories. The medium flares you want sell for $147 thru the dealer. Shop around and you might find a better price.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pardon me for jacking my own thread...
but yeah. it sure sticks out, i know...
the previous owner installed that grill, and upon closer inspection i noticed that a few of the clips that hold the entire assembly are broken!! I'm not sure if he broke them or what, I know i didn't... (i guess he didn't see the cfans grill removal video) although I had the assembly off once to install a horn. The whole thing feels loose, and sticks out a little bit on the sides, where it should be lining up with the fender.

I'm not sure what to do about my grill. One thing at a time, unfortunately but hopefully one day down the road I can fix it up. (I don't really care much for the bolt-ons anyway)
I need to replace the whole assembly because I know I won't be able to fix those clips. I don't know whether I should go for the same one, or I can buy all-black ones, right? It's something i could order through my dealer? How do you think that would look with the chrome bumper?

-edit:
Grille Assembly
http://www.car-stuff.com/mmparts/chevy- ... rille.html
GRAY C070143 $118.02
BLACK C070169 $116.95

I've got my eye on the 4/5/6th down. But my truck is a 2005. From what I understand there is no difference between years, correct?

-jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts