Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some 265/70 R17 Falken AT3鈥檚 from Discount Tire. Got a price match from Walmart for 120 bucks each. Getting them installed tomorrow. Both Walmart and Amazon have them at that price right now.馃憤

Registered
Great price. Thanks for posting. You sure that tire will fit? It鈥檚 1.5in taller and .4in wider than the stock P255/65R17 Duratracs on the AT X. If they fit I鈥檇 grab a set too cause the smaller tires are more $

Registered
With stock wheels they will rub on the frame at full lock.
With 00 offset aftermarket wheels they will rub the front fender liners unless you go 3.25鈥 lift or more in the front.

Registered
Some report fitting 265/70s on a stock height truck with no rubbing. It all depends on the sidewall design. Which on these are pretty aggressive.. On a truck with a leveling kit, they WILL rub with stock tires, as the leveling kit pulls the front wheels in closer to the frame/sway bar. But the rub may be minimal, or none existent depending on how much suspension flex they see.. shrug

Registered
Some report fitting 265/70s on a stock height truck with no rubbing. It all depends on the sidewall design. Which on these are pretty aggressive.. On a truck with a leveling kit, they WILL rub with stock tires, as the leveling kit pulls the front wheels in closer to the frame/sway bar. But the rub may be minimal, or none existent depending on how much suspension flex they see.. shrug
With the 2" RC kit I have very minimal rubbing at full lock on 265/70/R17 Wildpeaks. I was originally worried about it rubbing, but now that I've had it for a bit I'm pretty comfortable with it. I've only had it actually become an issue in a parking lot -- and by issue I mean it makes an embarrassing rubbing noise lol. I'm not worried about ruining the tire or causing other damage.

Registered
@Jaspah - thanks for sharing. I'm routinely at full lock in my work garage so that's why I'm on the fence about the 70 sidewall, understanding a 65 sidewall will not rub at all. When you put the tires on did you do the lift at the same time? Thinking maybe theres no rub or very little without the lift.

Registered
I just ordered some 265/70 R17 Falken AT3鈥檚 from Discount Tire. Got a price match from Walmart for 120 bucks each. Getting them installed tomorrow. Both Walmart and Amazon have them at that price right now.馃憤
So, what's the verdict - Do they rub at full lock ? I'm assuming the vehicle is stock .
Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
So, what's the verdict - Do they rub at full lock ? I'm assuming the vehicle is stock .
Thanks
I'm not getting any rub on a stock All Terrain suspension and stock rims. It's close though!

FYI, these tires are MUCH quieter than the Goodyear Duratracs I replaced. They also feel heavier when accelerating.

Registered
Great price - I just submitted a price match to counter my previous $132.
I am still on the fence of the 265s or 255s ($147).
2" RC, Stock wheels. Don't know if I would truly benefit from a wider and .5" bigger tire, outside of aesthetics.

How bad is it to have a tire rub at full lock?
Also, I thought I read the rub was also on the wheel well, requiring the waffle modification.

Thank you for posting PaulieD!

Registered
@Jaspah - thanks for sharing. I'm routinely at full lock in my work garage so that's why I'm on the fence about the 70 sidewall, understanding a 65 sidewall will not rub at all. When you put the tires on did you do the lift at the same time? Thinking maybe theres no rub or very little without the lift.
I lifted a few months before I changed tires. I've heard that there's no rub without the lift, but I don't know for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts