Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2017 Chevy Colorado a few weeks ago, and it has little nibs in the paint on the driver's side of the box. I brought it back to the dealer, who kind of sort of half-assed one of them out, but left a lot of buffing compound on it which got stuck in some crevices. The guy said he just worked on it for five minutes, and it was dust in the clear-coat. He told me it's a common thing. That's an annoyance. But what troubles me is that there are still several other bumps in the paint. I had a couple of body shops look at it today, and both said it looks like that panel might have been repainted after it left the factory in an environment that allowed contaminants into the finish.

Is this really a common thing? They're definitely visible raised bumps on the finish that you can feel when you run your hand over the surface. Has anyone else had this? It could be that I'm just obsessing over it, after laying down a bunch of cash to buy the truck. But I don't think any defects on the paint job are acceptable, regardless of how dinged up the thing's probably going to get over the years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.