Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Did the Colorado come with a brake controller from the factory?

I have an 08 2WD with the Z71 package. It does not have a brake controller yet - though it came with the 7 pin connector on the rear bumper. What I have read tells me there are wires under the dash to connect to a brake controller and the correct option (Z82) came with a factory brake controller.

All of this makes me think there is one but I have failed locating pictures of it. Maybe I'm mixing and matching info on the Silverado with the Colorado, so looking for thoughts on this.

I am going to add a brake controller, just wondering if this is an option before I buy something aftermarket.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Do not think they had a factory brake controller in 08. An aftermarket will serve you well and you can hook it up yourself. Pull up the Owners Manual and it will show you where the wires are. Probably under the drivers kick panel. Should be 4 wires. The manual will explain their function.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No factory brake controller for the 1st Gen.

All we got was a few wires tucked up behind the dash to connect an aftermarket unit.

I’ve had good luck with my P3 controller btw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have a couple choices. Since it's my wife's truck I might choose one that minimizes space in the cab.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
If you want an in-dash mounted controller, you may check into the Redarc Tow Pro, pretty pricey but it mounts in-dash. I think Curt also makes one similar, but not sure if they are for the 1st gens. Email them and see what they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts