Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
can anyone comment on how much wider this bumper is than stock. I’m literally about to buy it but i’m planning on keeping the stock tires for a while and don’t know if it would look goofy with a non lifted stock tire set up. Also it looks like the bumper will accommodate larger tires. If anyone had to guess, what size tires do you think you could stuff in there without a lift or level kit. I’m thinking of adding this bumper and just putting the largest size without lift or level
bump bumpity bump bump

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just installed the Vengeance bumper and it's actually quite straightforward to replace your original recovery points. Insert one of the original bolts in the front hole. Now you have to angle it down but you will see a slot where you can place a second slightly smaller bolt (I think I got a zinc plated 5/16 bolt - same length as original with 2 flat washers, 1 lock washer and 1 nut per side). Tighten them down and you're done!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pics from today. I'm going to put 4 inch fogs AND the side light mesh insert covers to fill the big gaps. It will require some fabrication to do both but shouldn't be too difficult.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2017 z71 with fog lights. I love the oem look but a recent fender-bender, I have a little gapping on the passenger side and some internal plastic parts that have been cracked. With that being said I might as well upgrade to this instead of buying oem parts and spraying them and installing considering what those prices are like.

Anyway my question. Would I be able to retrofit my stock fog lights into this bumper??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2017 z71 with fog lights. I love the oem look but a recent fender-bender, I have a little gapping on the passenger side and some internal plastic parts that have been cracked. With that being said I might as well upgrade to this instead of buying oem parts and spraying them and installing considering what those prices are like.

Anyway my question. Would I be able to retrofit my stock fog lights into this bumper??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe if you could find the mounting hardware. One of mine was smashed so I'm looking at LED options

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm working with a fabricator to incorporate a 2" front receiver into my Vengeance bumper. The receiver would be slightly recessed in the area where the 20" LED would normally go. It will likely add 30 - 40lbs to the bumper but still keep my front end relatively 'light'. I'll be able to move my winch front or back depending on the need. I'll post pics when we're finished.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
I'm working with a fabricator to incorporate a 2" front receiver into my Vengeance bumper. The receiver would be slightly recessed in the area where the 20" LED would normally go. It will likely add 30 - 40lbs to the bumper but still keep my front end relatively 'light'. I'll be able to move my winch front or back depending on the need. I'll post pics when we're finished.
Yes! This is what more bumpers should have! Im surprisedl there aren't more.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks to a texting driver, my rear bumper (as well as the tailgate and left side of the bed) are FUBAR. Congratulations Toughsox, you've collected another convert. I'll have the body shop use the FabFours rear bumper rather than a stock replacement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll be joining the Fab Four rear bumper group also because someone must have backed into me in a parking lot. Second time I have to replace my bumper. Going heavy duty this time. Have it on order from 4wheelparts. Caught it on the last minutes of their 4th of July sale. They paid the sales tax and an extra 5% off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I got my bumper in. We tried to get the old bumper off and one of the 4 bolts will only move so far and gets stuck. I don't know if maybe it got damaged when the bumper got hit or what. I may see if I can get a body shop near my work remove that bolt.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Body shop or cut the bolt head off with an air grinder with a thin cut off wheel, since I am pretty sure you do not have a torch. If it’s stuck from damage, you could use an impact wrench with a box back up wrench, run the impact real fast, a lot of times the bolt will heat up and shear.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to borrow a friends air compressor and get an air impact wrench with it to see if that works. If it comes out and is damaged, does anyone know if there is any easy fix for what happened?

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I recall using a 2 foot 1/2 ratchet on those bolts and still they were tight as hell.....not sure if you getting hit in the back made it even harder but yea, they werent easy.

Yea, you do need a friend to help you with the installation so you dont scratch the paint. Cut some of the foam crap they gave you with the bumper and definitely tape it to the corners like I show in the pictures........all it takes is one little slip and you'll gouge the paint.

Also,not sure where he got his hooks but, you can buy them at Hone Cheapo or Lowes, prime and paint them.
They are called "D" ring bull shackles but, others just call them clevis shackles.
PS.....put a little rubber sticky bumper on the back of the clevises so they dont make noise as they swing back and forth or you'll wonder why your hearing a tapping noise when you hit the brakes. :p

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Loving the FF rear..... View attachment 378057
Good thing you didnt take that picture wearing CROCS......and yea, one guy actually did that here.
Lost his MAN CARD the moment we saw it. :ROFLMAO:

And, excellent looking bumper.....hope my installation guide helped ya. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recall using a 2 foot 1/2 ratchet on those bolts and still they were tight as hell.....not sure if you getting hit in the back made it even harder but yea, they werent easy.

Yea, you do need a friend to help you with the installation so you dont scratch the paint. Cut some of the foam crap they gave you with the bumper and definitely tape it to the corners like I show in the pictures........all it takes is one little slip and you'll gouge the paint.

Also,not sure where he got his hooks but, you can buy them at Hone Cheapo or Lowes, prime and paint them.
They are called "D" ring bull shackles but, others just call them clevis shackles.
PS.....put a little rubber sticky bumper on the back of the clevises so they dont make noise as they swing back and forth or you'll wonder why your hearing a tapping noise when you hit the brakes. :p
Any other advice with dealing with all the wires and connectors on the back? Does the spare tire connector on the back just pop off or something? I didn't see any releases like the ones on the tow wires connector.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks great! Where did you get the red hooks at? I was thinking of putting something red behind the Fab Fours emblems. My Z71 is black also.
Amazon. They're Iron Cross rings, and they came red.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Any other advice with dealing with all the wires and connectors on the back? Does the spare tire connector on the back just pop off or something? I didn't see any releases like the ones on the tow wires connector.
If you look, youll see I definitely mentioned how to get that ring off. You are going to practically destroy it but have no fear because.....the bumper is thicker than the stock bumper and even if you go out and buy a new one, you are going to want to put some RTV silicone on the back of it since its not going to lock in place.
Same goes for the trailer wiring plug. It snaps into the hole but wont stay tight.....just silicone it liberally and once it dries, its not going anywhere.
Look for the last 2 pix in the opening thread before the finished job. (5 & 6 from the bottom if I recall correctly)

Any other questions, just ask away. :cool:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts