Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently on my fourth replacement windshield washer pump since the beginning of the year. This one has also just failed. However, for a short period of use (4-5 times), it worked again. Now is has quit again. So, I need a 5th one. But, I believe that the problem does not lie with the pump (which probably still works), but with a wet connection, or a connection which does not make good contact, or a poor solder/crimp of a wire in the wiring. Each time the pump has been replaced it has functioned normally for a few weeks. The wipers themselves still function when the washer is tried. Fuze has never blown. I suspect that the mechanics have merely changed the part without any troubleshooting, and the disconnect/reconnect of plugs has temporarily solved the issue.
Anyone with similar problems? 2016 Colorado crewcab

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Welcome to C'Fans
Why did you put your screen name in the subject line, instead of "Washer fluid pump constantly keeps failing"? Folks will skip on by it due to thinking it's just a personal post about you.
Also, this is posted in the 1st gen area.

As far as your issue, I haven't seen any recurring complaints about the pumps failing.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I am currently on my fourth replacement windshield washer pump since the beginning of the year. This one has also just failed. However, for a short period of use (4-5 times), it worked again. Now is has quit again. So, I need a 5th one. But, I believe that the problem does not lie with the pump (which probably still works), but with a wet connection, or a connection which does not make good contact, or a poor solder/crimp of a wire in the wiring. Each time the pump has been replaced it has functioned normally for a few weeks. The wipers themselves still function when the washer is tried. Fuze has never blown. I suspect that the mechanics have merely changed the part without any troubleshooting, and the disconnect/reconnect of plugs has temporarily solved the issue.
Anyone with similar problems? 2016 Colorado crewcab
First time I have seen this mentioned. I assume these have all been replaced under warranty, I would get the district/regional involved. They should get tired of replacing them.

If it wasn't under warranty, I might try some trouble shooting, like unplugging hoses and seeing if water got pumped on the ground.

You might also look at the Upfitter manuals for 2016 and see if the wiring for the washer pump suggests an issue. Appears on 2015 models there is a fuse, F65, and a relay, KR11, involved in the circuit. However, in the owner manual, there is no KR11, just a K11 that shows in 2015 owner manual to be for the center high mount stop light. (Cab mounted brake light).

See this thread to get to the Upfitter manuals. Also, this post is probably best located in electrical forum for 2nd generation, so mods may move it.

http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-...lectrical-diagram-colorado-canyon-2015-a.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.