Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm wanting to upgrade my OEM fog lights to a better bulb. Short of dropping $200 for an LED setup, I'd like to replace the halogen bulbs for the easiest and least expensive upgrade at this time. I'd like amber fog lights if possible.

The only halogen 5202 AMBER bulbs I've been able to find are from a brand called Flosser - anyone have any experience with them? I tend to think I may be wasting my money. Here's a link to them I found.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Why cheap out on the fogs if you went all led? the fogs would just be outmatched by your leds anyways unless you turn off your headlights.
Anyways heres my recommendation even thought its not what youre looking for but what I did before getting DD SS3 fog pods Lasfit LED Fog Bulbs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t have an LED setup. What I’m saying is, instead of installing projector housings for my fogs, I’d like to try the easier route and use a colored halogen. I do not want to use LED bulbs in the OEM reflector housings.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Seems like you are doing it right, as fogs should be a low level yellow/amber or white, that cuts through fog out to about 30 feet. Some put headlight led bulbs in thier fogs lights and use them for spot lights.

Guy in my hood has fog lights brighter then his hi-beams, idiot.

Reactions: rotaryenginepete
1 - 5 of 5 Posts