Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know what this seat material upgrade on the LT is? It is code HXR in the Convenience III package.
Evotex, I believe, is a new material that looks similar to leather but is made of a nylon material. I hope the skin doesn’t peel off it like fake leather does. The standard seats on the LT, Trail Boss, and WT trims I believe is regular cloth like it is on the 2nd gen models. But I think the new Evotex material is a jump up from the upgraded seats on the old models.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If it is anything like softex in the Toyota's it will be great for those who like leather. Less maintenance, softer to the touch than standard and even some mid grade leather, very low maintenance and extremely durable. Wife has that in her Rav4, it is great for a leather replacement. Surprisingly soft so it feels higher grade and most importantly durable, can take a magic eraser to remove pen marks and doesn't need the maintenance of cleaners and conditioners like leather. I am curious about it, I prefer cloth but this would be a good substitute for leather or great for a cloth insert and leather outside two tone seat similar to the Colorado Z71 which I would be ok with.

Tyler

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,307 Posts
I can't comment on the evotex but have some experience with the toyota softex... It's what most people would call "vinyl seats" it isn't actually as I believe it is a thermo plastic or similar but it isn't bad... The quote "Leather Trim" on the Z71 seats (not the material where your ass is, the wings) are of a similar typing. The only real issues with the softex I am aware of is that they can tear a little easier than leather because they are thinner, which is basically a non issue as it was only done to retain softness, and the surface material wears off like most leather vinyl does. Seen plenty where the edge is creased from sliding in and out and the surface is worn to the backing layer on the edges. If it is anything like the softex it is of a higher quality than the leather most manufacturers use now. To me it didn't breathe well... but again, I have yet to see a vehicle with the GM material so maybe they changed some things... I wouldn't mind it but if they offer leather for about the same price I'd probably take that if it's better than the 19 style leather seats...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts