Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my '17 Canyon, and immediately noticed DEF fluid all over the bed side. Took to dealer, and there is a service bulletin about a misaligned gasket not sealing the DEF tank. Supposed to get it back tomorrow, but they say it's fixed.
Was throwing a engine warning light, too, and it was for the coolant fan speed being too high. That was another service bulletin pointing to a bad relay. Hopefully that's it for quite a while--I'd like to begin appreciating my new truck.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Meh, the DEF is more likely just over filled. The cap sucks and if they filled it too full and there was DEF in the filler tube still it would leak out and down the side. Not a big deal

The fan speed issue is interesting though. Glad their looking into that for you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Meh, the DEF is more likely just over filled. The cap sucks and if they filled it too full and there was DEF in the filler tube still it would leak out and down the side. Not a big deal

The fan speed issue is interesting though. Glad their looking into that for you
I had what I thought was a bad cap/over filled DEF tank when I first bought my truck and it ended up being the DEF injector overpressurizing the DEF tank and causing it to leak down the side from the cap.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just had this happen on my 2020. Still occurring it seems. Rectified by performing GM TSB 17-NA-076 NHTSA ID #10168179 "Improperly seated DEF filler pipe grommet causing cap to not seal properly". Took all of 30 seconds once I knew what to look for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.