Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 2.9l w/ manual tranny. Engine had 300,000 miles on it so we got a new one from the dealership. $4500!!!! pulled the old one installed the new one, wouldn't start. checked cam, crank, fuel, compression, and verified the passlock didn't activate. We have no spark and cant figure out why, double checked all the grounds, verified the wave signature off the crank and cam, checked wires for continuity from the sensors to the pcm and we cant find anything wrong. checked all the fuses as well and yes the old engine we pulled out was running so I'm really hesitant to fault the pcm however after we hooked up the scanner we noticed it wasn't getting an rpm signal but we verified that the crank sensor was producing a signal. Anyone have any thoughts on this because we are going in circles and its driving us nuts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention, yes it does crank (didn't think I needed to mention that but you never know, someone might ask), we did put a new battery in it because the old one was junk, we also tested power and signal to the coils and its there.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I thought with gm the computer had to be reflashed for the new motor.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
2007 2.9l w/ manual tranny. Engine had 300,000 miles on it so we got a new one from the dealership. $4500!!!! pulled the old one installed the new one, wouldn't start. checked cam, crank, fuel, compression, and verified the passlock didn't activate. We have no spark and cant figure out why, double checked all the grounds, verified the wave signature off the crank and cam, checked wires for continuity from the sensors to the pcm and we cant find anything wrong. checked all the fuses as well and yes the old engine we pulled out was running so I'm really hesitant to fault the pcm however after we hooked up the scanner we noticed it wasn't getting an rpm signal but we verified that the crank sensor was producing a signal. Anyone have any thoughts on this because we are going in circles and its driving us nuts.
Are the injectors pulsing? If so that would narrow it down to the coils and wiring to them. If they aren't, then oh crap...probably arent cause you have no RPM on the scanner. Double check ALL the fuses and connections. There might be a connection or ground hiding from you. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.