Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my radio is supposed to stay on after removing the keys from the ignition, however I noticed recently on my '04 Canyon that when I turn the ignition off and remove the key that the engine keeps running until I open the door. That just doesn't seem right. :) I did recently replace the factory radio, although the problem didn't show up until a week or so later so I don't think they're related. I'm hoping someone has some insight before I have to spend a fortune taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
cgline said:
I know my radio is supposed to stay on after removing the keys from the ignition, however I noticed recently on my '04 Canyon that when I turn the ignition off and remove the key that the engine keeps running until I open the door. That just doesn't seem right. :) I did recently replace the factory radio, although the problem didn't show up until a week or so later so I don't think they're related. I'm hoping someone has some insight before I have to spend a fortune taking it to the dealer.

Best advice I can give you is to set everythng back to stock and troubleshoot from there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i checked gm bulletins for your truck. check to make sure that your RAP, CRANK, START and IGN 3 Relays are installed correctly and are not loose. If any of these is loose then you need a new fuse block. if they are all tight then try replacing the relays for the above 4. RAP is Retained Accessory Power which lets your radio stay on after the key off. the Start/Run relay could also be sticking on after key off. PCM tells it to turn off but its physically stuck on. just some ideas.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thats pretty cool, I wouldnt mind that, thats if mine did that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts