Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado Duramax. It has 125,000 miles on it today I was driving it everything was fine and all of a sudden I started running rough. I plugged it up to a computer and it’s throwing a P0300 code and a P0269 . Cylinder one in for a running fine but cylinder two and three are not running at all

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
That sucks. Time to find a good diesel shop to diagnose the issue. Could be any number of things, from injectors, head gasket, etc. I'd lean towards head gasket for 2 neighboring cylinders to stop working, likely due to poor or no compression.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took in a diesel mechanic and he said he thinks the engine itself is fine. He’s throwing a P054F and a P0300 and a P0272

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Being a diesel it needs fuel, air, and compression. If you have 2 dead cylinders you need to figure out what's missing.

P054F and P0272 are related to fuel and cylinder balance problems. I'm not sure how these would be electrical issues, sure seems like a problem with the fuel system and perhaps failed injectors.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Did he look at the wiring loom to injectors. Had a rat eat 3 injector wires and MAF wires 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2017 gmc canyon duramax
94 Posts
Check all areas that are known to have wires rub. Sounds like an electrical issue to have it suddenly do that. Best of luck

·
Registered
291 Posts
I took in a diesel mechanic and he said he thinks the engine itself is fine. He’s throwing a P054F and a P0300 and a P0272
for fun, some manual snips for those

Rectangle Font Magenta Paper product Brand

the misfire one being a catch-all isnt going to be super informative...
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Document

Smile Purple Rectangle Violet Font

there are specific codes for electrical faults on the individual injector circuits, so im not so sure that id blame an electrical malfunction to those two holes but something to do with fuel delivery/trims

curious to see what they come back with though

for setting a few somewhat generic codes to do with misfire/imbalance id expect there to be other faults as well if those were driven by failures at various ecu inputs - angle/speed sensor, temp/pressure, that kind of stuff.

not a lot to go off of if those were the only 3 faults without any other sensor or injector specific codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts