Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was certain that this was either brakes or suspension noise while I was driving because I could hear it echoing off of cars, buildings, etc... So, I am sitting there idling and I start to hear it so now I can rule out that it only occurs while driving. Doesn't matter, hot or cold engine. I also heard a faint whining noise for a few seconds but the cam didn't catch that. Anyone have any ideas? I think we can rule out drivetrain since it's not moving and doing it. It's getting annoying, but I am more worried about it being a cracked manifold or something even worse. Take a listen.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Sounds like normal injector tick?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Although I guess you can hope it’s not this.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Although I guess you can hope it’s not this.

This is nuts, but I think this is it. I have isolated it to the middle drivers side of the engine which makes sense according to this info. I hope it's not all that, but somehow with this truck, I know it is. The video was taken from just above the driver's side tire. I guess the 2015's have the 5 year / 60K, so if it blows up it's on them isn't it? No dealership mechanic will go through all this, and if they actually did it would be weeks before they gave up and replaced the engine.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I had a very similar noise, a bit louder. It sounded like a lifter tick to me. I had a problem getting any dealer to seriously listen to it, "fuel pump and injector noise" was the canned answer. I finally got pissed and wrote a nasty email to corporate. This got quick attention, once I got the dealer to really listen and compare it to other LGZ's they agreed that it was not normal. Turned out to be a lifter in #5 hole. Repair was fast and I'm very happy, can't tell the engine has been torn down. Very quiet now and GM sent me a $750 gmpp gift certificate. Picking up my parts this morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.