Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum.

I have an AC OFF message on the dash. This has been an intermittent problem for a while now and I had the sensor replaced a few months back. Well, it is still coming on randomly. There are days when I start the truck and it begins OFF then I'll notice during my drive that the temp gauge is working. Other times, it will be the opposite and works right out the gate but goes off during a drive.

So my question is: What is going on here? What are some other items (fuses, swtiches, etc...) that I could look into so that this goes away? Should I have the thermostat replaced?

Thanks
2011 GMC Canyon SLT Z71 4x4 CC

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Hello Forum.

I have an AC OFF message on the dash. This has been an intermittent problem for a while now and I had the sensor replaced a few months back. Well, it is still coming on randomly. There are days when I start the truck and it begins OFF then I'll notice during my drive that the temp gauge is working. Other times, it will be the opposite and works right out the gate but goes off during a drive.

So my question is: What is going on here? What are some other items (fuses, swtiches, etc...) that I could look into so that this goes away? Should I have the thermostat replaced?

Thanks
2011 GMC Canyon SLT Z71 4x4 CC
Make sure it is full of coolant first off.
It probably has a bad connection from the coolant temp sensor to the PCM.
You can see the gauge doing goofy things correct?
I doubt its the t stat simply because it sound like it electrical.
You don't get a CEL and any codes?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I aint sure what a CEL is but when I had it serviced the repair indicated a replacement ECT sensor. So, that is what I had done. At the time of repair the coolant was flushed and refilled. To restate - the AC OFF warning light comes and goes randomly. And when the light is on there is no reading on the temp. gauge. Then without any intervention I'll look down and the gauge is working again. I will search around and look for indication of a poor connection with the PCM.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
I aint sure what a CEL is but when I had it serviced the repair indicated a replacement ECT sensor. So, that is what I had done. At the time of repair the coolant was flushed and refilled. To restate - the AC OFF warning light comes and goes randomly. And when the light is on there is no reading on the temp. gauge. Then without any intervention I'll look down and the gauge is working again. I will search around and look for indication of a poor connection with the PCM.

Thanks for your reply.
Check Engine Light. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Like said above, make sure the radiator and coolant tank are full.
Even though some one re-filled the cooling system does not mean that there was not an air pocket in the system afterwards. I know on my 2012 I had to burb it several times over a couple days of driving to get it full

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
861 Posts
Replace the thermostat. Had the same issue with my '09 at about 150,000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts