Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm Going to do the repair for code P0449 using the hummer H3 solenoid fix
This is like a normal issue on these trucks I read up the charcoal canister solenoid goes bad .
Watched a couple YouTube videos on the fix instead of spending $230 on colorado solenoid with the line attatched you can buy the H3 Hummer solenoid alone for $23 and it's the same part #
My question is I got the truck with th is issue does this normally pose a running issue or what does that solenoid affect if it's bad

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
P0449 indicates a problem with the vent solenoid control circuit. Replacing the valve may fix the problem, but it's not a guarantee.

Some info regarding the original valve/hose. I've never seen one priced for $230. They were normally priiced around $100. The original valve is no longer available anyway. It has been replaced by part number 20907779 which Amazon sells for $87.37. Now comes the problem. That valve and all new valves have a square electrical receptacle. If you use the part numbers, reportedly for Hummers, you will most likely get one of the newer valves with the square connector and will have to purchase a jumper harness PN 19257603 to connect the valve to your OEM truck harness.

If you want a "plug and play" vent valve, that doesn't require a separate harness, order ACDelco 214-2149 (GM25932571). Amazon sells them for $18.54, but they are probably available from other sources. You will most likely need a short length of hose to connect, I believe 5/8, but I'm not positive.

https://smile.amazon.com/ACDelco-21...=UTF8&qid=1507502262&sr=8-1&keywords=214-2149

The problem associated with P0449 should not affect the operation of the truck. If the vent valve gets stuck closed it can affect fueling with splash back when the tank is filling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I'm Going to do the repair for code P0449 using the hummer H3 solenoid fix
This is like a normal issue on these trucks I read up the charcoal canister solenoid goes bad .
Watched a couple YouTube videos on the fix instead of spending $230 on colorado solenoid with the line attatched you can buy the H3 Hummer solenoid alone for $23 and it's the same part #
My question is I got the truck with th is issue does this normally pose a running issue or what does that solenoid affect if it's bad
Test the solenoid 1st connecting it to the battery or another power source. The 1st time I fixed this it was the connector at the Solenoid, Just yesterday I had to fix again this time it was in the engine compartment at the main connector block on drivers side on top of inner fender. for me both times it was the orange wire that corroded.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.