Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, here we go. Two days ago my 4WD would not engage. The indicator would flash then revert back to a solid light on the 2WD. That problem magically fixed itself yesterday. Everything was fine today up until this evening. I started the truck and the first problem is that the wipers run full speed as long as my lights are, wiper swith position makes no difference. I shut the truck off and removed the key only to find the truck is still running. It stays on for approx 10 sec then shuts down. I removed the battery cables for 15 min to hopefully "reset" the PCM. No luck there. As soon as I reconnected the cables I could here what I think is the fuel pump running just as though I had the key in the ON position. The key was not in the ignition. At the same time, the CHECK ENGINE and the PASSENGER AIRBAG OFF indicators are illuminated and are staying that way. Drivers window will not operate, but all other switches on that panel work fine. Lastly, the truck will not lock by either the drivers swith or the key fob. ANYBODY WANT TO TAKE A STAB AT THIS ONE?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Stealership time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
great title for the post. have you had it IN the water while offroading?

·
Registered
97 Posts
the wiper thing is pretty common unfortunately. there are some terminals in one of your bcm connectors that over some completely random amount of time no longer make contact with the pins in the bcm. makes your wipers and quite possibly other systems go ape ****. i've only seen the wiper effected. the 4wd problem is not bcm controlled however.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE-- shortly after my post thing really hit the fan. engine compartment began smoldering, but made the problem easier to find. the main wire bundle entering the bay thru the fire wall was missing insulation and shorting together. during investigation i found rat droppings. Bastard ate my wires. Insurance covered the damage to the tune of 2500 dollars. the wiring harness cost nearly 1000 by itself. it runs everywhere in the cab. all instruments, controls, lighting, even the third brake light. needless to say the culprit has been assasinated :) Thanks for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts