Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has to have been beaten to death, but I don't have time left on earth to dig out old posts 😊.
2017 black Colley 2WD CCSWB, DeeZee nerfs, rhino spray bed liner, Undercover hard top bed cover. New tires & rims, COVID fog affecting memory on tire/wheel details.
I want to level the truck with height adjustable shock strut system, not with blocks & spacers. Can I please put it to a vote to the forum here? Eibach Pro-Truck 2"-3" adjustable lift kit...or, Rough Country 2" front & 0" rear. All feedback appreciated*

·
Registered
2018 W/T 4wd silver ice 285/65/18’s zone 5.5” lift
92 Posts
Bilstine 5100’s would be better way to go in my opinion

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input, guys! Off-road shop wants $1200 for Eibach stage 1, includes install & alignment. $695 for RC installed & alignment. I didn't think to ask about Bilstein, will do that today.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
1,057 Posts
Thanks for the input, guys! Off-road shop wants $1200 for Eibach stage 1, includes install & alignment. $695 for RC installed & alignment. I didn't think to ask about Bilstein, will do that today.
The Eibach Stage 2 is a factory preassembled coilover, which will or should save you a significant amount of money on the installation. Bilstein’s are excellent as well, but depending on the application, do not offer a pre assembled adjustable coilover for our trucks. I’m still running the OEM’s at 45,000, but they are getting pretty soft, so by 60,000 they will be toast. I personally am leaning more towards the Eibachs, but Bilstein is my second choice. I believe you wouldn’t be disappointed with either one.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
first find out how high you need to go to make it "level" find a level parking lot, put a 4 foot level on the bed, measue at center of front fender well, jack up the front end until the level shows level, then re measue at fender wheel
the level on your phone will work to get you close

The RC struts raise the front 2 inches, they are not adjustable, so you will need to see if 2 inches will be to much front end lift to not go over level, since you want a level.
Then Like some one earlier said, they installed the Eibach 2.0 struts then added extra leafs in the back to get it level.
so it seems the 2.0 raised it to be nose high then they had to raise the rear to get it level????
which seems to be a complete lift(raising front and back) and not a level.

Reactions: American Truck

·
Registered
2018 W/T 4wd silver ice 285/65/18’s zone 5.5” lift
92 Posts
Ultimately it is up to a person’s expectations of ride quality versus appearance. There’s no cheap way to lift our trucks without sacrificing ride.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Ultimately it is up to a person’s expectations of ride quality versus appearance. There’s no cheap way to lift our trucks without sacrificing ride.
to the OP thier is, as he has a 2wd , pretty easy to raise with out altering the ride

Reactions: Friend of Bill

·
Registered
490 Posts
first find out how high you need to go to make it "level" find a level parking lot, put a 4 foot level on the bed, measue at center of front fender well, jack up the front end until the level shows level, then re measue at fender wheel
the level on your phone will work to get you close

The RC struts raise the front 2 inches, they are not adjustable, so you will need to see if 2 inches will be to much front end lift to not go over level, since you want a level.
Then Like some one earlier said, they installed the Eibach 2.0 struts then added extra leafs in the back to get it level.
so it seems the 2.0 raised it to be nose high then they had to raise the rear to get it level????
which seems to be a complete lift(raising front and back) and not a level.
The Eibach rear shocks do not add lift but support it by having extra travel so adding a leaf makes sense instead of using lift blocks. You can alternately use Eibach lift blocks instead but didnt go that route.

I have the Titan 36 gallon tank too and the extra spring rates helps level and correct the lean to the drivers side common on these trucks.

The ride is firm not harsh or unpleasant. It was about $2k in parts.

-Bilstein 2.0 Kit
-Peak AAL kit
-Peak Diff Drop Kit
-SPC upper control arms.

Install was $950 plus alignment.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
The Eibach rear shocks do not add lift but support it by having extra travel so adding a leaf makes sense instead of using lift blocks. You can alternately use Eibach lift blocks instead but didnt go that route.

I have the Titan 36 gallon tank too and the extra spring rates helps level and correct the lean to the drivers side common on these trucks.

The ride is firm not harsh or unpleasant. It was about $2k in parts.

-Bilstein 2.0 Kit
-Peak AAL kit
-Peak Diff Drop Kit
-SPC upper control arms.

Install was $950 plus alignment.
yep, shocks do not lift a vehicle, but the aal does, and as you said they helped level your truck after you raised the front end...

Reactions: American Truck
1 - 17 of 17 Posts