Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
That thing is great! I would definitely feel better with that one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
I didn’t know they had that type at AutoZone. All I’ve ever seen is the other type. If I had, I might have been inclined to try it. Looks a lot more secure for the job. That was the only part of the job that concerned me.

Did you just put the 200 rental fee on a CC and they refunded once you brought it back? That’s what I’ve done in the past with them.
Yes, exactly what I did. Wouldn't have known they had one until a friend if mine who works at one mentioned they had it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Newb when it comes to truck in general. I want to run a set of wheels with the specs of 17x8.5 0 offset, they would go on a 265/70/17 ATW3. Will the Eibach kit allow me to run these specs? Thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Easily

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Im not sure sure about that. Im at the 2.7 inch lift and my 275/65/18s with 0 offset RUB like crazy. Literally need to remove 2 inches from the waffle and about an inch in the pinch weld.

·
Site Sponsor
423 Posts
Well I'm 275/70/17 on 2.5" up front. Trimmed waffle area and some of the liner at the back. No rub. 265/70/17 should be no problem.

Reactions: F8LZ71 and z71ROD

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I'm 275/70/17 on 2.5" up front. Trimmed waffle area and some of the liner at the back. No rub. 265/70/17 should be no problem.
What brand of tire are you using? Do you have a picture of it? I’m looking for 275/70/17s

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm getting ready to install my kit soon. Hopefully in the next week or two. I have access to a shop with a nice spring compressor so that part shouldn't be as bad as others who have had to use the clamp style compressors. I also got a front diff drop kit I'm going to toss in at the same time as well as 1" blocks in the rear.

I do have a question though. When I measured my truck front/rear, if I go 2", in the front and 1" in the rear I should have roughly 1/2" inch of rake. If I go 2.7" up front it seems I would be nose high by ~1/4" I saw someone else posted their numbers and they ended up with roughly 1/4" rake with running 2.7" up front and 1" in the rear. I suppose that's possible and I'd end up roughly the same but has anyone gone with 2.7" up front and come up slightly nose high?

Once I get the left installed I'm going to put new wheels/tires on from the spring. I'm not going to run a very large tire 265/65/17 or 265/70/17 would be the largest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2017 Z71, Crew Cab Short Bed, 2.8L Duramax, Eibach Pro Truck Lift Stage 1. I did a lot of research prior to choosing this lift. Spoke with 2 Colorado owners running this lift and they had nothing but positive feedback. Search YouTube for install videos is helpful. Lift amount is as advertised, I did the 2.7in for the front struts with the pro lift springs. I went with 1in Zr2 lift blocks and unbolts for rear. If your running the Duramax, You need to partially drop the DIF tank to get the drivers side shock bolt out and the new shock and bolt installed. Do not remove the tank just loosen things up and it will eventually come out. Truck looks great and ride quality is actually improved. Installed BFG AT KO2’s 265/70/17’s, no rubbing or clearance issues.

This is with lift installed and stock tires.

Here it is with brand new BFG's 265/70/17 and NFab RKR slider step system.

Hope this helps, happy wrenching!

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Since I can no longer update the first post....

I stand by what I said in the last update summary. After taking this kit (front only) through some pretty gnarly trails in Moab (Metal Masher, Hell's Revenge, etc.) and high speed washboard roads (end of Kokopeli and N. Bloomfield Rd) I feel the Eibach kit is good enough to keep you safe off-road but it is definitely a better street kit than it is a off-road kit at least when compared to a tuned 2.5 coilover kit from King, Icon or Fox. That said, it is leagues ahead of the stock suspension and I prefer it to the OEM springs and Bilstein 5100 which I have on our company truck. And in the end the price point is what makes it such a great option. With Peak Suspension now putting together packages with this kit and their own coilover we now have some solid options that bridge the gap between the basic spacer lift and the $1400+ kits from Fox, Icon and King.

I highly recommend.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Planning on just leveling the front probably 2”. So do you think I’ll need the rear blocks. Is the 2” the second notch on the kit?
If you bought the kit with springs, the springs provide 2" lift on their own so 2" is the bottom notch on the shock. 2nd notch would move you up to 2.7".

If you want it leveled and go with 2" up front, you won't need rear blocks. The block would be to restore the back to front rake.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Just wanted to update the thread a bit.

I recently sold my Eibach springs and spare (new) shocks to @Mtn_man and he returned my used shocks that were still inside the springs. With 26k+ miles on them I expected the shocks to feel pretty worn out. I mean it's not like I took it easy on them. You've seen my videos and photos. :devilish: But that isn't the case. They are still difficult to compress and rebound is great. I'm basically saying they are pretty damn good shocks for the price point.

Reactions: Mtn_man

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just wanted to update the thread a bit.

I recently sold my Eibach springs and spare (new) shocks to @Mtn_man and he returned my used shocks that were still inside the springs. With 26k+ miles on them I expected the shocks to feel pretty worn out. I mean it's not like I took it easy on them. You've seen my videos and photos. :devilish: But that isn't the case. They are still difficult to compress and rebound is great. I'm basically saying they are pretty damn good shocks for the price point.
Question for you man. I was getting to ready to order all the misc parts for lift. Will getting the longer links plus relocator bracket be extra insurance or overkill? If overkill which would you recommend? Going for the 2.7" up front and 1.25" in back.

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Question for you man. I was getting to ready to order all the misc parts for lift. Will getting the longer links plus relocator bracket be extra insurance or overkill? If overkill which would you recommend? Going for the 2.7" up front and 1.25" in back.
At 2.7" I would do the sway bar relocation bracket and the end links. At 2" you really only need 1 of those.

Reactions: Turns31
161 - 180 of 207 Posts