Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
I don't actually have the lift in yet. But I now have it all lined up. Sooooon. Really excited. Better to direct questions to F8L

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks to @F8LZ71 and others for the great info. Just installed the Eibach Pro Truck kit set at 2.7" front and a 2" AAL from Autospring in the rear. Added the sway bar relocation and longer end links as well. Currently running 265/60/18 with tons of room until I can find a set of ZR2 takeoffs for some 275/70/17. The on road ride is amazing and the stance is perfect!
2017 Z71 Duramax

Reactions: overpakd and F8LZ71

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks to @F8LZ71 and others for the great info. Just installed the Eibach Pro Truck kit set at 2.7" front and a 2" AAL from Autospring in the rear. Added the sway bar relocation and longer end links as well. Currently running 265/60/18 with tons of room until I can find a set of ZR2 takeoffs for some 275/70/17. The on road ride is amazing and the stance is perfect!
2017 Z71 Duramax
Glad it worked out well! It's a great kit. I think the AAL is a great addition also. I'll be selling my ZR2 take-offs pretty soon. Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where do you get the sway bar reloc and end links from? Peak doesnt seem to sell them nor recommend them.
2017 Z71 Duramax

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Where do you get the sway bar reloc and end links from? Peak doesnt seem to sell them nor recommend them.
I have links to them in the sticky thread on how to lift your Twin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2017 Z71, Crew Cab Short Bed, 2.8L Duramax, Eibach Pro Truck Lift Stage 1. I did a lot of research prior to choosing this lift. Spoke with 2 Colorado owners running this lift and they had nothing but positive feedback. Search YouTube for install videos is helpful. Lift amount is as advertised, I did the 2.7in for the front struts with the pro lift springs. I went with 1in Zr2 lift blocks and unbolts for rear. If your running the Duramax, You need to partially drop the DIF tank to get the drivers side shock bolt out and the new shock and bolt installed. Do not remove the tank just loosen things up and it will eventually come out. Truck looks great and ride quality is actually improved. Installed BFG AT KO2’s 265/70/17’s, no rubbing or clearance issues.

This is with lift installed and stock tires.
View attachment 378307

Here it is with brand new BFG's 265/70/17 and NFab RKR slider step system.
View attachment 378308

Hope this helps, happy wrenching!
This is the set up I'm looking to run. I have those same tires (RWL out though lol) and 2in RC level. Want to swap it out for this kit. Did you do a diff drop and if so how far?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just got the front done today. Looks great and no rubbing with the 265/70r17s at the 2.7". The installer did nick the CV boot on the driver's side and caused it to leak. They were super understanding and immediately took the blame. They're replacing the whole CV axle on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Just got the front done today. Looks great and no rubbing with the 265/70r17s at the 2.7". The installer did nick the CV boot on the driver's side and caused it to leak. They were super understanding and immediately took the blame. They're replacing the whole CV axle on Monday.
Good on them! It's pretty easy to do with how akward the shock removal is.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Am I crazy or did the diff spacer make my angles worse? Didn't look before I installed the spacers but it looks like the diff should go down, not up to make the angles better.

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Am I crazy or did the diff spacer make my angles worse? Didn't look before I installed the spacers but it looks like the diff should go down, not up to make the angles better.
It doesn't look bad but it doesn't look like the drop did much. Where did they install the spacers?

·
Registered
488 Posts
In between the frame where the bolt goes and the differential. So frame, spacers, diff, washer, bolt. Is that not right?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't have the exact same angle from when I did mine, but here's a shot from the other side with the same setup. I think these angles look better, but I guess it could also be camera angle.

I second @F8LZ71's question about where they put the spacers... I don't think you can raise it, but if the spacers are on bottom, they wouldnt do anything. If you want to compare to exactly this shot, turn the passenger side tire out a bit and look from the front.

·
Registered
488 Posts

• I don't have the exact same angle from when I did mine, but here's a shot from the other side with the same setup. I think these angles look better, but I guess it could also be camera angle.

I second @F8LZ71's question about where they put the spacers... I don't think you can raise it, but if the spacers are on bottom, they wouldnt do anything. If you want to compare to exactly this shot, turn the passenger side tire out a bit and look from the front.

In between the frame where the bolt goes and the differential. So frame, spacers, diff, washer, bolt. Is that not right?

·
Registered
857 Posts

• In between the frame where the bolt goes and the differential. So frame, spacers, diff, washer, bolt. Is that not right?
That's correct. There should be 1 on the 2 outer bolts and none on the center bolt. Sounds like they did it right though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Couldn't ask for a better ride! Love mine, need trails though.. found out the hard way Diesels like towing.. not deep mud. Going to try to get 33's this summer coming and going with a dedicated mud terrain tire also!

181 - 200 of 207 Posts