Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2016 V6 4x4 Colorado with 50,000 miles and it's time for new suspension. I've been looking at the Eibach Pro Truck stage 1 direct from Eibach but did run across Peak Pro Truck and was wondering if they're the same kit? Photos look to be the same as well as the description but Peak's doesn't have the "Stage 1" in the kits name.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s the exact same kit, as long as the part number (E80-23-007-01-22) matches up with the same part number listed on Eibach website. I bought the Eibach stage 1 kit from Auto Anything that shipped to my house directly from the manufacturer. Saw a lower price on amazon and they will match it. Prices have gone back up but if you’re patient they may lower back down again. I bought mine around the first of the year.
275F5F3D-6797-46B0-A6D6-BC9C7ACC1A40.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s the exact same kit, as long as the part number (E80-23-007-01-22) matches up with the same part number listed on Eibach website. I bought the Eibach stage 1 kit from Auto Anything that shipped to my house directly from the manufacturer. Saw a lower price on amazon and they will match it. Prices have gone back up but if you’re patient they may lower back down again. I bought mine around the first of the year. View attachment 386434
Thanks CoreyVM. I'm finding a bunch of different prices from mid 600 down to what you paid. Did you install yourself or have a shop do it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea just have to keep searching and just wait for the right time on the price. Or if money isn’t an issue then I would just buy the Peak Suspension coil overs that come pre assembled. Then all you have to do is swap them out with the factory ones. Will save a lot of time! I installed it myself, wasn’t horrible but wasn’t a cake walk. I’m cheap and don’t trust other people. Plus when I do it I know that it’s done right. Like anything else the more you do it the easier it becomes. The Eibach kit doesn’t come with step by step directions. It’s a learn as you go install. One of the issue I had was the coil spring compressor tool I used fit the stock coil spring perfect but the Eibach coil spring a little bit bigger diameter which made things complicated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks CoreyVM. I'm finding a bunch of different prices from mid 600 down to what you paid. Did you install yourself or have a shop do it?
The Eibach kit is the cheaper option up front but if you can do the install your self the Peak Coilover comes fully assembled and just pops right in so you'll save quite a bit of money on the install.

Instructions are here:

You might find a sweet deal like that again but its likely that it was taken down because they were selling below map. We have it here for $569

Definitely let me know if you have questions that I can help with on either kit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
... We have it here for $569
So, does that mean that you work at Peak? Regardless, I will bite and ask for your advice, since you said you can help with either kit. I have a 2016 Canyon (SLT, CC, LB, 4x4, Dmax) and I just ordered Alcan leaf springs, with 1" of lift, so what would you suggest with relation to these two kits?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
262 Posts
Yea just have to keep searching and just wait for the right time on the price. Or if money isn’t an issue then I would just buy the Peak Suspension coil overs that come pre assembled. Then all you have to do is swap them out with the factory ones. Will save a lot of time! I installed it myself, wasn’t horrible but wasn’t a cake walk. I’m cheap and don’t trust other people. Plus when I do it I know that it’s done right. Like anything else the more you do it the easier it becomes. The Eibach kit doesn’t come with step by step directions. It’s a learn as you go install. One of the issue I had was the coil spring compressor tool I used fit the stock coil spring perfect but the Eibach coil spring a little bit bigger diameter which made things complicated.
Did you have to do an alignment after the install?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Strut shock replacement only? No not really. It will change alignment as ride height affects alignment but it’s not a big deal unless you are picky. Even adding a winch will change alignment.

UCA replacement? Yes. Very yes. The toe alone will be insanely off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, does that mean that you work at Peak? Regardless, I will bite and ask for your advice, since you said you can help with either kit. I have a 2016 Canyon (SLT, CC, LB, 4x4, Dmax) and I just ordered Alcan leaf springs, with 1" of lift, so what would you suggest with relation to these two kits?

Thanks,

Bill
Yes I am the owner. Both are great, the Eibach kit is a bit cheaper but even if you install yourself you'll need a spring compressor as it re-uses the OEM top mount and spring seat. The Peak kit comes fully assembled and set to a preset lift height of your choice. The Eibach kit has the choice of two clips 2.0" and 2.7" where the Peak kit is threaded so you can adjust to any height that you like. With the Peak kit you can also chose between and 550 lb/in spring and a 600 lb/in spring depending on your trucks weight. Ultimately the coilover is a better choice as its adjustable, selectable rate, and comes fully assembled but it depends on budget and the trucks intentions. Ask away if this brings up any other questions.

Yes all height changes should always be aligned after.

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
262 Posts
Yes I am the owner. Both are great, the Eibach kit is a bit cheaper but even if you install yourself you'll need a spring compressor as it re-uses the OEM top mount and spring seat. The Peak kit comes fully assembled and set to a preset lift height of your choice. The Eibach kit has the choice of two clips 2.0" and 2.7" where the Peak kit is threaded so you can adjust to any height that you like. With the Peak kit you can also chose between and 550 lb/in spring and a 600 lb/in spring depending on your trucks weight. Ultimately the coilover is a better choice as its adjustable, selectable rate, and comes fully assembled but it depends on budget and the trucks intentions. Ask away if this brings up any other questions.

Yes all height changes should always be aligned after.
Thank you! : )

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nick,

Thanks for the help, I sent you a PM.

Bill

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but I have another question for Nick.

It would appear that your truck has has massive amounts of modifications, unless California has different models than the rest of the country, so I was wondering if you have made any modifications to the power steering gearbox? I am on my second one and it appears that the bushings are completely worn/useless (when I turn the steering wheel the gearbox has significant lateral movement before the tires start to move), but I cannot locate any aftermarket options for replacement bushings. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts