Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first post on the forum and new owner of a 2017 Laser Blue CC SB Z71. Just installed an EGR SuperGuard in Matte Black. Had a hard time finding good pictures myself so figured I would share with anyone on here looking for different angle pictures.

EDIT: Not sure why pics are not showing, drag and drop to upload then they disappeared

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've been looking at the egr are they easy to install? Do they look good? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Very easy to install, pulls out all the tabs holding the rubber guards under hood in place, use the 3rd hole from center on each side to stick plastic nut (similar to a dry wall mount for screws) to attach with a screw, and the outside has clips that screw to the deflector and clamp to the hood just by pushing on. They supply adhesive strips to put on the hood where the clips push onto the hood to avoid scratches. It doesn't bounce at all... unlike the vibraty hood lol

EDIT: Finally lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have this one on my red hot Z71 and love it. I previously had the AVS hood protector and it was just alright. Laid flat against the hood and didn't really help with bugs. This flat black EGR looks great and it actually functional. This is the best one I've seen so far for the Colorado.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah no doubt, was looking at the OEM Bug Guard but I didn't trust the dealer to be drilling into my hood, as the oem apparently requires drilling. Just installed today and I agree best looking and functional bug deflector.

Beautiful truck btw.

·
Registered
968 Posts
What's the part# for the Colorado in matte black?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have the shiny/gloss EGR on my truck. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Good info guys I've been looking at the egr or the oem one and was trying to figure out what one would be better. Any of you guys have the egr window vents for the doors?

·
Registered
610 Posts
This is the first one I have seen that actually wraps up from below the hood and thus protects the leading edge of the hood! Thanks for posting about it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow lots of replies, no problem for posting the pictures.

Though I do have a question for others with the same bug deflector, having a bit of issue with the outside hood clips trying to slide off the hood, they haven't actually let go but i have had to push then back on the hood a couple of times now. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wow lots of replies, no problem for posting the pictures.

Though I do have a question for others with the same bug deflector, having a bit of issue with the outside hood clips trying to slide off the hood, they haven't actually let go but i have had to push then back on the hood a couple of times now. Anyone else having this issue?
I noticed somebody mentioned the same problem in an Amazon review.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.