Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to working on fuel injected vehicles so forgive me if the question I'm about to ask sounds dumb. What effects has a performance tune had on you mpg? Positive or Negative.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
My mileage went up around 1 mpg.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
if you stick with the same octane...probably about 1 mpg. but if are wanting to go with a 91 or 93 octane tune, you should be able to get a couple more mpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
Before my tune my fuel economy ranged from 19-20mpg with an occasional 21mpg. Now with the tune, which is the only mod I have done, I get 22-23mpg. Never below 22....so I would have to say a 1.5-2mpg increase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently got an e-mail from the owner of a Sierra I tuned in the spring (different truck, I know), but he has been tracking his mileage before & after the tune & is reporting about 3 MPG improvement on 87 octane.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
I got the 89 octane tune. Mileage initially dropped, after about a month it came back up to what it was before the tune. End result: no improvement in gas mileage. I had asked for a tune to improve low end hp, torque, and mpg. I guess two out of three isn't bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts