Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer has a 2017 Canyon extended cab SLE with leveling kit with 20 inch wheels, 275/55/20 tires.

Wondering how much the lower sidewall will have effect on the ride, will be mainly city and highway, during hunting season some washboard roads. Thanks for any opinions

I have 33inch tires on 17inch wheels now on my 2011 Canyon that there is nothing wrong with, going back and forth whether I want to buy something right now or not

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Generally, going to a 20" low profile tire will ride a lot firmer and maybe even uncomfortable. That said, if you can stand it and not using it for highway trips they may be ok. My nephew put 20's on his Tahoe with low profile tires and complained about the harsher ride and some steering issues.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Denali has standard 255/55/20 and mine rides very nice. I little spring on the oil & rock roads but that is more the suspension and dips in the road. On the highway they ride really well.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
On my 2008, I have a set of 17s and a set of 16s. The 16s are smoother over rough roads, but are less composed during cornering. The 17s ar rougher over rough roads, but are more composed when cornering. I was surprised how much of a difference I noticed.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Going to a 20" wheel hurt my ride more than lowering did. It's not something I would undo because it's so bad, but it's definitely not as good as it was. Regular decent roads are totally tolerable, if it gets rough or on a dirt road you'll have to modify your driving to the conditions.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I can't imagine the 20" wheels on the truck are the deciding factor on whether or not to buy it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
i have 20's with 275/55 size tires. Ride isn't harsh at all, but i did upgrade my shocks so that might have helped. only downside is the gas mileage. I dropped down 3mpg

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stopped by dealer, it also had a magnaflow catback exhaust n nfab side steps, they jacked the price up on the aftermarket stuff

side steps $645
exhaust $1275
Blackedout GMC emblems $335
wheels and tires with level kit $3450

but now have it marked down to MSRP of original price

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
When they are empty, these trucks ride a bit jittery in the rear anyway - the rear end has some decent springs on it. Mine is like that with the SLT 18" wheels. I do notice it rides smoothly with just one dirt bike in the bed, which weighs around 300-325 pounds with the gear and all. If you put a shell on it, I bet it would ride just fine with 20s.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
When they are empty, these trucks ride a bit jittery in the rear anyway - the rear end has some decent springs on it. Mine is like that with the SLT 18" wheels. I do notice it rides smoothly with just one dirt bike in the bed, which weighs around 300-325 pounds with the gear and all. If you put a shell on it, I bet it would ride just fine with 20s.
I will order a shell for it as soon aas I buy a new truck, gotta keep tree stands blinds and other hunting stuff safe, plus might need to sleep back there now and then,

Wifey like the $55,000 jacked up white 4 door Sierra, but it will not fit n the garage to tall and to long.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I passed on this truck, I did a google search on the magnaflow cat back and some said it was to loud. I do not want anything louder then stock, as I do not want the deer know where I am at, let alone the cops...but I might buy one like it and purchase everything but the exhaust and install myself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.