Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone posted this but there is a new Supercharger coming for the Colorado and Canyon.

340 HP at the rear wheel.

This is a Eaton Unit like GM uses and they are a full kit with all the bits like their other E kits.

Not sure when it will hit but they are coming.

Based on what SEMA had this year things are getting better for Mid Size GM trucks in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
728 Posts
yeah that has been posted before but good reminder though :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
probably, but with that, HOPEFULLY, that would make it a cheaper alternative to the expensive mallett

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
probably, but with that, HOPEFULLY, that would make it a cheaper alternative to the expensive mallett
I just looked at the Mallett thread here and there's a bit of confusion on how much rear wheel HP their unit adds. One post they say 388 while a later post says 362. So I'm not sure what the actual gain would be. There's no prices on Edelbrock's website for the Colorado yet, but the unit for the Camero runs $7,000 MSRP and 'street price' at Summit looks to be about -$300. The Mallet is $7,450 with no 3rd party sellers. So the actual difference will probably range between $500 and $800 in favor of the Edelbrock. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Pulley diameter and tune = RWHP. I was hoping that this would come in under 5k.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just looked at the Mallett thread here and there's a bit of confusion on how much rear wheel HP their unit adds. One post they say 388 while a later post says 362. So I'm not sure what the actual gain would be. There's no prices on Edelbrock's website for the Colorado yet, but the unit for the Camero runs $7,000 MSRP and 'street price' at Summit looks to be about -$300. The Mallet is $7,450 with no 3rd party sellers. So the actual difference will probably range between $500 and $800 in favor of the Edelbrock. :wink2:
I think if I remember correctly the higher RWHP # is because of their optional cat back system was installed.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think we need more info to really know the differences.

Mallett higher power could be for several reasons. The Edelbrock specs really have yet to be seen yet too.

It will be interesting to see just what the production units specs are.

Either way we are now seeing more interest in our trucks by the aftermarket. That is key to new truck sales as the Taco sells a lot of units because you can modify them so many ways with so many options. Jeep is the same.

The aftermarket really does effect sales of new units.

·
Site Sponsor
377 Posts
Skip the beer and it turns into 10 hours ;) lol

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
With dyno numbers on two different dynos 20 hp is within the margin of error anyway.

It looks like the v6 kits for the 2015-17 Jeeps sell for about $6100 with no discount.

·
Vendor
145 Posts
Sounds like it'll be another 3-4 months before the supercharger kit will be available for the twins V6.
Probable start looking for some news about the 6-8 week timeframe. Wouldn't release an estimated cost either.

Hope it comes with a good tune. I had to go with HP Tuners with the RIPP set-up. That Diablo tune that came with it got it running,but needed some work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep in mind that this mod will completely blow the tune and these are direct injection motors. Ways to "fix" the tune on these motors are limited. Note that I have a web site and youtube channel dedicated to helping people to learn to tune motors.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's a LOT of money for not a ton of power.

Keep in mind that this mod will completely blow the tune and these are direct injection motors. Ways to "fix" the tune on these motors are limited. Note that I have a web site and youtube channel dedicated to helping people to learn to tune motors.

What's the site? I've been working on a Megasquirted 302 into an E30, could use some pointers :grin:

edit: I think I found you by googling 'whittlebeast'

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an FYI on the Edelbrock SC, it's not on Jegs or Summit's site yet, which tells me they've not started shipping yet. But, the part numbers are 1518 with the tune and 15180 w/o the tune. They would be a good source to watch for availability. It is listed in the new 2019 Edelbrock catalog, page 153.

https://edelbrock-files-v1.s3.amazonaws.com/catalogs/2019-Edelbrock-Catalog.pdf?utm_source=BenchmarkEmail&utm_campaign=Ecomm-2019-Catalog-V30&utm_medium=email

-Patrick-
I checked and I do not see any shipping yet.

You may contact Smitty in tech at Edelbrock and he may be able to give a ETA on when it will be ready. He is in charge of technical sales and generally is the go to guy on what is going on with new product. Actually he is the best tech guy on any part they have.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I made some calls and they are still in development with no ETA yet. It will be out sometime this year. No pricing yet either.

This is normal for Edelbrock. as they do long leads on many products.

Odds are they are doing testing for emissions as these kind of kits take time and a lot of money to get approved.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got ahold of Smitty and he said he thought it was 2 to 2.5 months out per engineering.

Note this is a tentative date. He was going to check and get back. If it different I will post it.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
About this Discussion
123 Replies
35 Participants
FunctionOverForm
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing