Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with the sellers of these tail lights and cargo light??
They look high quality but I can't say i have ever used Ebay to buy anything before. I also have no idea who the manufacturer is, I'm guessing its overseas.

Tail Lights:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-2004-2012-Chevy-Colorado-GMC-Canyon-LED-Light-Tube-Tail-Lights-Brake-Lamps/382789872137

Cargo Light:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Smoke-LED-Bar-Rear-Third-3rd-Brake-Light-Cargo-for-04-12-Colorado-Canyon/332585740183

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
Careful with those Ebay lights... some are good, some are crap. Some require some cutting to make them fit. If the 3rd brake light doesn't have a built in resistor you'll probably need to add one or your cruise control wont work

·
Registered
679 Posts
Second note on being careful with the 3rd brake light. They are difficult to get to seal regardless of the brand and if they leak, it runs inside your truck. Even if you change the bulbs in the 3rd brake light yourself, be careful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second note on being careful with the 3rd brake light. They are difficult to get to seal regardless of the brand and if they leak, it runs inside your truck. Even if you change the bulbs in the 3rd brake light yourself, be careful.
is it feasible and easy to add some sealant to the edges of the lights then? and if so, what product should I look for?

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
is it feasible and easy to add some sealant to the edges of the lights then? and if so, what product should I look for?
3rd brake light has a notorious reputation for leaking on 2004-2012 models. First thing I did after I bought my truck was run a bead of clear silicone along the top and down the sides. I just used whatever I had in the garage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3rd brake light has a notorious reputation for leaking on 2004-2012 models. First thing I did after I bought my truck was run a bead of clear silicone along the top and down the sides. I just used whatever I had in the garage.
Ok bet. When I get these lights I'll try that out! Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
FarmerNic
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing