Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A roughly 1 inch piece of foam and a flathead screwdriver. That's all you need.

Hey everyone, I had been reading about everyone's trouble with the front door panel buzz and rattling when jamming to your favorite song. I found that the buzz was coming from the forward end of the accent/wood grain trim panel just under the armrest and door handle.

Sure enough, when I gave a gentle pry to the seam on the underside of this panel and exposed a jumping plastic washer buzzing around on its post. I took a flat screwdriver and shoved a scrap piece of soft foam from another recent project into the seam and against the washer and post.

15 seconds to do the same to the other door and I've got the audio turned up to 11 with great, clean bass. Hope this helps. Cheers.

(The area of the buzz. It quits when you gently push on the wood grain piece. That's the approximate location of the washer and it is a cream color)

(Gently pry the seam wider and look for the washer, I was able to see it with my head tucked against the pocket cavity, nearer to the aft end of the door. Stuff some foam or a tissue or whatever you got into the seam right up against the washer and post and bob's your uncle)

·
Registered
212 Posts
If that’s all it is, I curse the engineer at GM that did this. May he stub his pinky toe repeatedly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
If that’s all it is, I curse the engineer at GM that did this. May he stub his pinky toe repeatedly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmm... and a $30B company could not figure this out and fix it? Not a high cost fix...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts