Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
so I guess no one has an update on an aftermarket turbo?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I called them in desperate search of turbo since mine is blown, they can’t get cores right now to mass produce this. They still want to but the supply chain is all dicked up because Gm changed the part number for the turbo and neither the old or the new ones are available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I called them in desperate search of turbo since mine is blown, they can’t get cores right now to mass produce this. They still want to but the supply chain is all dicked up because Gm changed the part number for the turbo and neither the old or the new ones are available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That really sucks. For sure if I lost the OEM turbo I'd want to take the opportunity to upgrade.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
Just heard. The idea is no longer happening
:surprise:

How? You called them? They posted something somewhere? What gives? You can just that, lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Time to bother GDE. They already have a turbo for the platform they have sold for years on the Liberty. They told me it will work well they just haven't decided if they are going to pursue it yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hate to reopen an old thread, but here I go! I got an email Monday from DT about their built trans for the 6.6 line. So I shot them a reply and said if you had a built DT6l50e I would take it. Nick Priegnitz quickly shot a message back, here's what he said;

"While I love this idea, and I really do, we don't have any plans of jumping on that project yet.

Keep an eye on our social media pages in the next few weeks. We hope to have some 2.8L Stealth Turbo updates coming out soon.

I CC'd Anthony on this reply. Once we publish info, he will have details for you."

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hate to reopen an old thread, but here I go! I got an email Monday from DT about their built trans for the 6.6 line. So I shot them a reply and said if you had a built DT6l50e I would take it. Nick Priegnitz quickly shot a message back, here's what he said;

"While I love this idea, and I really do, we don't have any plans of jumping on that project yet.

Keep an eye on our social media pages in the next few weeks. We hope to have some 2.8L Stealth Turbo updates coming out soon.

I CC'd Anthony on this reply. Once we publish info, he will have details for you."
IIRC they're working with werhli fab on making a bigger single kit.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

61 - 75 of 75 Posts