Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain duramax 4X4 crew cab long bed and new to this forum so please point me in the right direction if I am in the wrong area.

Seeking some help on doing some minor mods to my truck.

Does anyone know if someone makes a lowering kit for the rear end only, for these trucks? I may get some hate for wanting to lower this truck but due to my line of work, lowering the rear end will make life easier having to get in and out of the bed of the truck frequently and I still need the 4 wheel drive. I like the ride height of the front, just wanted to drop the rear a few inches for a level appearence.

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain duramax 4X4 crew cab long bed and new to this forum so please point me in the right direction if I am in the wrong area.

Seeking some help on doing some minor mods to my truck.

Does anyone know if someone makes a lowering kit for the rear end only, for these trucks? I may get some hate for wanting to lower this truck but due to my line of work, lowering the rear end will make life easier having to get in and out of the bed of the truck frequently and I still need the 4 wheel drive. I like the ride height of the front, just wanted to drop the rear a few inches for a level appearence.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Welcome aboard.

Nobody does a rear only lowering kit, other than a BellTech flip kit that does 4". And with the nose being lower than the rear, raising the nose will lower the rear access height a little, due to its fulcrum point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the info!
Ill just be patient and keep a lookout for something similar to fit my needs. Raising the front of the truck a little actually makes sense. Ill start reading some other threads and see what other people are doing to their trucks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too need to lower the rear. 1 to 2 inches if possible. Looking underneath, the only thing that looks like can be done: put the axle above the springs, the add a shackle (I think they are called) to actually raise the springs. Putting the axle above will lower it by what, 4-5 inches? That's too much for me, and it looks like it will hardly have any spring before bottoming out.

Thoughts on this approach?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.