Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried to find this as a search but came up empty. Has anyone installed a dual exhaust system on either a 2015 Colorado or Canyon yet?

I am considering this and was just wondering what others may have done.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the magnaflow duals on my car. Had to remove the spare but didnt really need it as I went up in tire size and changed out the wheels. Still waiting on a day to get a sound clip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
V-6 and aftermarket exhaust???
no replacement for displacement in this game. I really don't want a Rice Burner sound.
but without those other 2 cylinders.... not going to get the Sound.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I have no interest in a dual set up for my truck...but as I was driving around the other day, I came across this Canyon in the wild with a dual exhaust coming out the back and thought it would be pertinent to this thread:

*DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MY TRUCK....and if it is your truck...I'm super sorry for being a big creeper and posting pictures of it on the Internet for science...but I blocked your plate to be safe and I will buy you a beer at Penny Blacks to make it up to you*

1. He still has his spare tire hanging...and if you zoom, it looks like there are two "mufflers" flanking the tire?

2. For the brief moment I was around this guy on the road....it did not occur to me to roll my window down and see if I could hear any difference in sound. It was eleventy hundred degrees outside and I was enjoying my post work jam session in with A/C on blast so I was buttoned up in my cab. I have failed you all and accept a reduction in Internet fame points and public shaming...

Anywho...at least you get an idea of what rearward facing dual's would look like.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It has so much power that he put wheelie casters on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
no replacement for displacement in this game. I really don't want a Rice Burner sound.

Just my opinion.
I agree.

Having spent a great amount of time as a GM supercharged V-6 owner, it wasn't very often you'd hear one that sounded okay. For me it was relative, as in crappy to not that crappy. When I had a not-that-crappy setup it was good...too me. The ones that sounded the best were highly modified with a lopey cam.

You can almost tell by the stock sound on these 3.6 liters that it wouldn't be very good opened up.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to find this as a search but came up empty. Has anyone installed a dual exhaust system on either a 2015 Colorado or Canyon yet?

I am considering this and was just wondering what others may have done.
Figured out a way to do it if you're really into the idea of a "true dual" exhaust. I just finished up project and now have dual exhaust with side pipes. Pic is taken on drivers side.
NewSidePipes.jpg

·
Registered
431 Posts
Figured out a way to do it if you're really into the idea of a "true dual" exhaust. I just finished up project and now have dual exhaust with side pipes. Pic is taken on drivers side. View attachment 390578
Nice! Do you have a write up of the build? Any sound clips?

·
Registered
734 Posts

Just my opinion.
Well then you should go to the Borla website and listen to the video of there catback for Colorado/Canyon. I have it on my factory stock engine 2019 Colorado 4x4 crew cab V6 and yes of course your not going to get a V8 sound but it amazed me. Sounds just like the video. Deep rumble when you start truck, hear a deeper sound when driving (no drone). The GM catback would sound the same since Borla makes it for them.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
395 Posts
I absolutely love my Magnaflow 3" Catback. Not duals, but I think it sounds really good. My kid is a muffler junkie, constantly swapping out muffs on his 5.3 looking for a better sound. He actually took my Canyon to the muffler shop and picked it up for me and was like "Damn Dad! It actually sounds really good for a v6!". The muffler shop guys said the Magnaflow sounded way better than any other brands they've installed on a six cylinder. It was a custom install with the 18" Stainless Straight Through and not an off the shelf kit.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I absolutely love my Magnaflow 3" Catback. Not duals, but I think it sounds really good. My kid is a muffler junkie, constantly swapping out muffs on his 5.3 looking for a better sound. He actually took my Canyon to the muffler shop and picked it up for me and was like "Damn Dad! It actually sounds really good for a v6!". The muffler shop guys said the Magnaflow sounded way better than any other brands they've installed on a six cylinder. It was a custom install with the 18" Stainless Straight Through and not an off the shelf kit.
Yea that one sounds real good also. I assume you don't have any drone?

Reactions: unit505

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
395 Posts
Yea that one sounds real good also. I assume you don't have any drone?
No drone. After some research and even listening to reps from Flowmaster explain that the baffles in mufflers is what creates drone, I decided to go with a straight through. Very pleased. After figuring out that a custom exhaust built in a shop is cheaper than a "kit", I'll never order an exhaust system again.

Reactions: Johnnyone

·
Registered
392 Posts
That Grosbeak is going off. lol......that sounds exactly like my flowmaster Fx. Maybe a dB or two quieter. I’ve got mega drone in several ranges.

Reactions: unit505

·
Registered
229 Posts
I heard a Colorado the other day and it had dual exhaust, I don't know which brand, but it sounded bad. The 3.6 doesn't sound good loud. I don;t want mine to be louder. I like it the way it is now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts