Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just took off my bedliner and I had paint chips and scratches all over.

The only thing I loaded into my bed in its life was a power washer. And it was only a small 3.7hp one.

So the thing is going to the junkyard if I can't find anyone who wants it by the end of the week.

Sorry just had to bitch. The scratches were ok but the chips were sizes of quarters.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dillusion said:
Well I just took off my bedliner and I had paint chips and scratches all over.

The only thing I loaded into my bed in its life was a power washer. And it was only a small 3.7hp one.

So the thing is going to the junkyard if I can't find anyone who wants it by the end of the week.

Sorry just had to -----. The scratches were ok but the chips were sizes of quarters.
What's going to the junkyard? Your truck? :shock: Or the liner?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Junkyard huh?
Which junkyard might this be? :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
naskie18 said:
Namtaru said:
Junkyard huh?
Which junkyard might this be? :p
I betcha it isn't within driving distance of us ;)
One can always hope

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
That is the same reason that I took the drop in liner out of mine. I just have a mat in mine now. Also the Bed liner is still forsale.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got a mat in mine too. How are you protecting the sides of your bed though?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I not too worried about the sides. I don't haul a lot of suff. If the sides get scratched it don't really matter beacuse after all it is a truck bed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My '04 was delivered with one in it. I made the dealer remove it & deduct the cost from the truck before I would take delivery. I use my truck as a ~GASP~ truck & don't need things sliding around on that crappy, paint-removing, less-than-worthless piece of plastic. The spray in Rhino-Lining is performing as expected; things don't move around, it's slightly quieter, & even though there are a couple SMALL areas where it pealed/rubbed off there's no rust or paint loss.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I bought my liner when i got the truck. Everyone that knew said to get a drop in liner. Thay appeletaly never take their liners out or don't care if all the bed rusts form the paint rubbing off. I like my rubbmat a lot better. Even my sand bags don't all over the bed. Last year with the drop in they would always slide to the front of the bed when i stoped.

G

·
dude, its a truck bed. did you really expect it to leave the bed spotless? if you wanted to keep it from showing scratches and chips, then you should have left the liner in.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I'm not worried about the scraches. I just hate having all my stuff slide around and the bed rusting after a year like the tailgate is beacuse of liner on the tailgate.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No the bed liner is going to the junk yard. I'm for sure keeping my truck til it dies.

I'm putting lava lining as soon as I can get an appointment.

I never wanted the drop in but my father bought it without me knowing so I figure I'd use it. But now sorry its gone. I tried to be nice but sometimes you just can't.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I hate drop in liners. Cargo slides around too much and the stuff that gets under the liner tears up your bed more than just hauling stuff with no liner. I am using a bed mat and I love it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dillusion said:
I'm putting lava lining as soon as I can get an appointment.
So you just back up to Mauna Loa and let the lava flow? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

BedRug in mine and I love it but if my truck was for work instead of play I'd have a Line-X.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the same problem, I took the thing off after a week and it had rubbed paint off the ribs in the floor of the bed.

I waxed it all then put painters masking tape (so it dosen't leave tacky stuff when i pull it) all along the ribs, renforced at the ends with duct tape. Since then I had a tonneau cover put on so I haven't looked under it again.

I'm telling myself it's helping.

I have a pendaliner, not the GM and find that nothing slides anywhere on it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I've had a pendaliner in my truck for 10 years & 92,000 miles now & the bed hasn't rotted out yet.

I've hauled tools, dirt, slag sand, concrete pavers, etc.. some times as much as 1,600 pounds plus me.

As for my ballast in the winter (2wd) I built a frame that straddles the wheel wells & put my ballast in there. I've never had it move.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts