Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver’s side arm rest on my 2016 seems to have separated about 1/4” from the rest of the door panel. I’ve tried pushing it back in to no avail. It’s not loose and doesn’t move. Any ideas for a fix? See pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
do you put any weight on it?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
As I recall it comes off with the door panel, so you're going to have to remove the door panel to fix it.

Down near the bottom of this page there are two videos that involve removing the door panel to install mirrors, one of which has a pretty good tip on removal of the door panel.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Actually, watching the second "tip" video I suspect you can just remove the screws holding it on and then pull it out a bit and fix it, and not totally remove it. You'd need to watch the other video to get that far though, unless you just want to guess what to remove.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Easy fix kinda. Take off the door panel, you have to drill out or heat up just enough the plastic welds so you can put back the rubber pad where it belongs. Using a heat gun or dryer heat up the rubber pad so that it is easy to pull back into place. You will have to stick it in place around the lip so that it does not come back out. Trust be I did this 3 times before I figured it out had to be glued with something. Mine kept coming back out. You can either reweld the plastic welds with a soldering iron or in my case I used some very very short drywall screws and washers where welds were.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Easy fix kinda. Take off the door panel, you have to drill out or heat up just enough the plastic welds so you can put back the rubber pad where it belongs. Using a heat gun or dryer heat up the rubber pad so that it is easy to pull back into place. You will have to stick it in place around the lip so that it does not come back out. Trust be I did this 3 times before I figured it out had to be glued with something. Mine kept coming back out. You can either reweld the plastic welds with a soldering iron or in my case I used some very very short drywall screws and washers where welds were.
I agree with you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts